500 iPhone dilemma

Currently reading:
500 iPhone dilemma

AutaB

Hi. Brand new to this site and looking for help[emoji2]. I have a Fiat 500 2014.
I am trying to play iPhone 6s through the audio system but having no luck. The strange thing though is that when I finished a telephone call the other day, the music on my phone started to play automatically through the car speakers?! Now it won't[emoji22].
HELP please [emoji120]

Last edited:
Are you trying to play it through the USB connection? What model is your car?

On my 2012 TwinAir 500C it has always worked perfectly fine via USB, for iPhone 4, 5s and now SE.

Are you trying to play it through the USB connection? What model is your car?

On my 2012 TwinAir 500C it has always worked perfectly fine via USB, for iPhone 4, 5s and now SE.

I've been trying through the Bluetooth which is how it worked the other day, but I will try the USB socket now thanks.

Glad to hear it's working via USB.

In theory it should work via bluetooth as well, but I never got around to trying it -- knowing FIAT, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a pain in the arse.

Blue&Me doesn't support audio streaming via Bluetooth - the phone must be plugged in.

Occasionally the Bluetooth connection stays active after a call ('PHONE' displayed on car stereo), and the iPhone will play its music while the car 'thinks' it's still on a phone call - but the sound quality you get is low-bitrate and mono (intended for phone calls), so not really a solution, just an accidental feature.

Personally I have a pre-2010 500 which doesn't support iPhones/iPods even when they are plugged in. A little white dongle is available from FIAT to correct this incompatibility, but having tried one, I don't see the point of navigating 4739 tracks through the instrument cluster - far too slow. I find it much easier to make up a few USB keys/flash drives and just have a different genre of music on each. The small pocket on the side of the console under the gear lever is an ideal place to keep a handful of these USB keys and it's convenient not having to unplug them when leaving the car.

-Alex

I find it much easier to make up a few USB keys/flash drives and just have a different genre of music on each. The small pocket on the side of the console under the gear lever is an ideal place to keep a handful of these USB keys and it's convenient not having to unplug them when leaving the car.

That. Working with the system is much easier than trying to hack your way around it.

Making up a few USB keys is child's play compared to the days when the only form of prerecorded ICE was an 8 track tape player.

Back