Styling Abarth 595 easy, cheap front grill mod

Currently reading:
Styling Abarth 595 easy, cheap front grill mod

deef1

Hi all, taking inspiration from a user (S13GE) on another Abarth forum, I decided to take the plunge and colour outline the pre formed ABARTH word on the front grill/bumper. As it'll form part of a few yellows accents on the car, we decided to use a yellow paint marker. It was easy to do, take a little care and have a steady hand, give it a couple of coats and here's the result.

I guess it's like Marmite, you'll either like it or loath it, whichever way I hope it inspires someone just as I was ?

IMG_2304.JPG

IMG_2305.JPG

IMG_2307.JPG

IMG_2311.JPG

IMG_2308.JPG

I quite like it, though I would have gone dark gray to make the it just pop enough without being in your face.

Now doubt it goes well with yellow calipers.

That looks great I've been wanting to do this for ages. Wonder how itl handle pressure washers. I think the white looks good on black. Nice touch

That looks great I've been wanting to do this for ages. Wonder how itl handle pressure washers. I think the white looks good on black. Nice touch

Thanks, pressure washer seemed fine with it but it's already faded from yellow to it's white opaque base and has little chips after one week, may be a pain to recover and touch up in the future....

Mum still feel Ike doing it. Looks really good. Shame they don't come coloured. Seems a bit silly to sell it black most people won't even know it says abarth

Back