Technical Uno sputtering, loosing power on a hill

Currently reading:
Technical Uno sputtering, loosing power on a hill

Cardo1

Hi Gents, I have a 2000 Uno 1.1, this moring while driving up a hill I felt a sudden power loss and sputter but as soon as i got to a flat road and downhill the car is 100% on power and speed, i went up another slight hill and feel a slight shudder and loss of power, if i put my foot down a the accelerator it misfires on a hill, i stopped and noticed oil near and around the plugs as this was my first thought, Can access oil from the tapet cover end up in the plugs?Can anyone help with any other theories that i may have missed before i start my stripping this weekend?

Thanks
Cardo*

Clean the oil off plugs and plug leads , see if it cures fault.
Oil on plugs and leads can cause misfires

Will surely give it a good clean this weekend though can it only affect the car on a uphill? because on a straight and downhill the car does not misfire and goes well under full throttle?

Thanks again

the car does not misfire and goes well under full throttle?

Spark plugs can misfire under pressure. Though as you say there's no misfire I would be inclined to think it's not the plugs.

However, I think I would also suspect the MAP and/or fuel pump.

If you can accelerate like a bat out of hell with no problems, and the car runs fine at all speeds, idles ok .. it probably isn't the MAP.

If at times the car slows down and cuts out I think I'd suspect a failing fuel pump, which isn't supplying enough fuel at peak times - going up a hill.

On the face of it, the problem seems to be fuel/air

Back