Technical 500 with 6-speed manual Gearbox oil leak

Currently reading:
Technical 500 with 6-speed manual Gearbox oil leak

Having spent a few hours now searching this and other forums for a solution I have to bother all you learned folk with a post in the hope that somebody has an answer.

Our 500 1.4l 6 speed manual 2013 model with about 60K kms (about 38K miles) has started leaking oil from the selector shaft on the box. There is no nut or bolt connecting the linkage to the selector shaft- its welded :( ! My mechanic is guessing that the box will have to be removed and pulled apart to be able to access the seal :confused: .
Can anybody confirm this?

Also, has anybody had experience with oil additives designed to rejuvenate seals in gearboxes, and if so, in a modern Fiat?
- it's not a major leak, yet, but the car does 800kms per week so it will most likely quickly develop into a problem.

Any knowledge of this particular problem would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Steve

Having spent a few hours now searching this and other forums for a solution I have to bother all you learned folk with a post in the hope that somebody has an answer.

Our 500 1.4l 6 speed manual 2013 model with about 60K kms (about 38K miles) has started leaking oil from the selector shaft on the box. There is no nut or bolt connecting the linkage to the selector shaft- its welded :( ! My mechanic is guessing that the box will have to be removed and pulled apart to be able to access the seal :confused: .
Can anybody confirm this?

Also, has anybody had experience with oil additives designed to rejuvenate seals in gearboxes, and if so, in a modern Fiat?
- it's not a major leak, yet, but the car does 800kms per week so it will most likely quickly develop into a problem.

Any knowledge of this particular problem would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Steve
i dont know if mine was the same but i had a leak in mine and replaced the seal. all is well now.

Back