General Uno 1400 tuning help

Currently reading:
General Uno 1400 tuning help

Johannes Gerber

Hello, I'm new here and glad I found this forum. I have a hard time finding any specific tuning onfo on the web for my car. I would like some links to sites with performance tuning tips on the specific model I have (1372cc with Weber carb)

It's the South African model 1992, 1372cc, with the Weber 2 barrel carb. All models up to current production uses the same engine and Carb.

I would like specific tuning info on spring tensions inside the carb and spring tensions for mechanical advance in ignition distributor. Or even replacement springs to match standard. Any suggestions for improving the std timing curve? STD cam still.

Currently, the Uno is still produced in S Africa and had a facelift recently with a round Alfa like badge, new hubcaps and same interior as the Palio.

My car is standard with a 45mm (inside) Stainless exhaust, I just fitted:

New LUK Clutch kit,
front wheel bearings,
lower ball joints
steering rack + tie rod ends
CV joints (outer)
Inner CV boots + sideshaft seals.
Gabriel Gasryder shocks
Cam box gasket
Sump gasket and various oil seals.

It's got 150 000 K's on clock and is going very well, but the pedal does not feel as responsive as the 1100 Fire.

Would like some timing curve suggestions.

Centrifugal advance is about 5 deg and start at 1400rpm. Vacuum advance is 13 deg and is max at Idle (+-4.0 hg)
Initial timing is 14 deg. but this car is still not as responsive as the 1100 Fire. When floored, it's quite faster though.

Can anyone give me some info on timing, and how much total timing I can go. Fuel is 97 leaded, free flow exhaust, no cat, STD header.

Would you recommend 50mm tubing for exhaust? Headers? 4 into 1? or 4-2-1?

Any replacement ideas and suggestions for the standard distributor?

Thank you so much so long
Best
JG

Back