Technical 07 Grande Punto ICE noob

Currently reading:
Technical 07 Grande Punto ICE noob

Brigada1874

I've been a biker for most of the past 15 years but two crashes this year put me back in a car. So I bought a 2007 1.4 active sport 8v, I was told it was the 16v version and had to have words when realised it wasn't but that's a whole different story.
I want to improve the basic system, the Blaupunkt system seems to have a decent output so I was going to put some 6x9 speakers in parcel shelf and connect them to the current back speakers.
Would this work as a cheap way to improve sound and what are my options with an aftermarket head unit?
Also are there any other recommendations for better economy as I'm struggling to keep it over 30mpg, which in a 1.4 hatchback should be easy but it's not.
I'm also looking at induction kits, I'm a big fan of two stroke engines and love the tunability of a carb and air filter.
Would it make a noticeable improvement on acceleration as its about as nippy as a drunken cow. I'm thinking of taking the back seats out to lose weight and add space for bikes and dogs.
TIA.

Personally I would fit component speakers in the own locations, and a compact sub, something like an active vibe air lite. Minimal loss of space and quality rather than quantity of noise. If you choose this route you then have further options to upgrade the head unit and or add an amp for the components at a later date, it is all very simple to do and adaptor it is leads for steering wheel controls and ISO interfaces are readily available.

As for performance mods as a biker you are as well to accept the new pace of life personally flat folded seats provide usable space as seat removal leaves a complicated space with obstacles and potential for damage to wires etc

Back