Technical Oil pressure sensor Siena/Palio 1.7TD

Currently reading:
Technical Oil pressure sensor Siena/Palio 1.7TD

theonlynapsta

My car is in excellent running condition, except for the oil light flashing now-and-then.

Sometimes when it idles or at low speed. It never stays on, but just occasionally flashes.

I have noticed oil leaking/sweating out at the bottom where the oil filter is mounted.

The other day I wiped it clean. I let the car idle and noticed oil seeping out of the seal of the housing next to the fitting where the oil filter goes in (see attached diagram - "sealing gasket") IMG_4147.JPG

My question is as follows... if this seal is leaking and has become so deteriorated over time, would that be the cause of the oil pressure dropping?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Hugo (South Africa)

That seal sweating a little oil is not cause of oil light.

Low oil pressure.
Faulty sensor.
Incorrect grade of oil.
Faulty wire.

Thank you soooo much. I will check all these things and post on my findings. Thank you once again.

On the oil I can report that I am using Liqui Molly 5W40 as per their specifications for the manufacturer - 2006 FIAT Siena 1.7TD.

I managed to check the wires in the oil pressure switch. That's fine. The same wire is connected to another switch that bolts into the thermostat (photo with blue switch).

That was oily and I cleaned it.

Since yesterday I have been driving urban and freeway... no lights coming on and everything seems ok

Regards
Hugo

Attachments

• IMG_4176.JPG
    IMG_4176.JPG
    401.7 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_4177.JPG
    IMG_4177.JPG
    674.4 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Back