Technical Where are the earth straps and what size do I need?

Currently reading:
Technical Where are the earth straps and what size do I need?

Cat2

Ok, sorry if this is already on here somewhere but I've searched and searched but I can't find the info I need :)

I've got a new battery coming tomorrow hopefully IMG_7593.JPG

Hoping this fixes all my issues, however, I'd like to replace the earth cables as well to make sure as the problems are so intermittent and the car is cutting out suddenly on lonely roads which is distressing. I want to enjoy driving my punto again without stressing!

Has anyone got any photos and a step by step guide for a complete car novice?

If this isn't the fix, then the alternator will need replacing and I can't afford that at the moment :'(

Ok, sorry if this is already on here somewhere but I've searched and searched but I can't find the info I need :)

I've got a new battery coming tomorrow hopefullyView attachment 180001

Hoping this fixes all my issues, however, I'd like to replace the earth cables as well to make sure as the problems are so intermittent and the car is cutting out suddenly on lonely roads which is distressing. I want to enjoy driving my punto again without stressing!

Has anyone got any photos and a step by step guide for a complete car novice?

If this isn't the fix, then the alternator will need replacing and I can't afford that at the moment :'(

YES..(y)

GP section , at the top are FAQ's

it's in there..as a proper "walk-thru":worship:

alternator..
not likely if it's so intermittent..

out of interest how are you SEARCHING..??
as the "advanced" search option should find MANY references to the info / pictorials

Charlie

Last edited:
I'm on the mobile app, searched under grande punto :/

South Wales, Aberdare. Thank you! Will have a good look on there later on if I can. WiFi is dicey at the moment hence why I haven't tried on there.

What lengths would you recommend? I've seen all different fitting and sizes and I'm lost lol I need 3 yeh? Someone suggested on someone elses thread about adding an additional earth, anybody tried this?

Back