General oops another exhaust thread

Currently reading:
General oops another exhaust thread

Hi,

Right exhaust as developed what i believe is a blow (sounds like the induction mod but lower rev range).
Been looking for replacement cat back the whole thing looks rough. Found rear silencer (ulter) just the middle. Was gonna go down the route of the magneti marrelli centre pipe, but shop4parts informed me today marelli made it obsolete.
So, where can i buy an "off the shelf" replacement. standard or other. been searching most of weekend with no luck, other than the ragazzon marelli etc.
Panda 100hp.

Thanks in advance

I have the same issue having just noticed my 100hp is blowing slightly at the flexi which will just get worse, plus my rear box is in a bit of a state.

I'm looking at the Magneti Marelli SS500C, which is a centre pipe in stainless with no silencer, so it'll be a bit noisier, but it's cost effective (for stainless) and I don't mind a bit more noise.

Rear box wise, I don't know. There doesn't seem to be a (imo) cost effective.
It seems you can fit the MM SS500B to a 100HP too, but it's a twin pipe exit, you can see a photo on this eBay auction:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371489965425?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
I'm not sure it's for me though, I like the simple single exit.
The benefit (perhaps?) being that £300 for a centre pipe AND a back box seems to be about the cost if

At the complete other end of the market, I found this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272437759143?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
Mild steel of course, but around £100 for the 2 parts, and the auction says it's decent (but is it...!!) and what is the end of the pipe like? I guess a little chrome finisher could resolve that mind.

There are plenty of 1.4 500 exhausts which, from what I understand through the power of google, look like they will fit as the cars seem to share a floor pan - whether they are good quality, or cheap crap remains to be seen :(

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I got the magnetti straight section on eBay from Italy and then ordered a backbox direct from UlterSport in Poland just before Christmas, so I reckon they are still available.

Bizarrely they both arrived in the same delivery van in the depths of rural N Ireland.

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1483102051890.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1483102051890.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 104
I got the magnetti straight section on eBay from Italy and then ordered a backbox direct from UlterSport in Poland just before Christmas, so I reckon they are still available.

Bizarrely they both arrived in the same delivery van in the depths of rural N Ireland.

Rob,

Me like, me want...how much in total (approx) did it set you back & has it had MOT inspection since install?

Last edited:

Dont suppose you remember the seller?, Had my order for the centre pipe cancelled today. Not in production anymore apparently.
Might just have to get a cheapo for now, mot in june :confused:.

Dont suppose you remember the seller?, Had my order for the centre pipe cancelled today. Not in production anymore apparently.
Might just have to get a cheapo for now, mot in june :confused:.

Ebay: 231573502754

I think the sell was "Black" something or other.

I think it was eBay.it that I searched.

My flexi is blowing a little too, and the outer skin on my rear box is tatty. MOT due in June and I fancied the Magneti Marelli SS500C & SS500B (crossing fingers the straight through centre section would go through my local MOT station..)

Shop4parts don't seem to have them. An a few Italian sellers on eBay are advertising stock, but have none. Still waiting on a refund from one of them:(
(Black'something, Loris'something and Only_500)

Any clue where to buy from? It seems the SS500C is either out of stock, or obsolete now?

Shop4parts don't seem to have them. An a few Italian sellers on eBay are advertising stock, but have none. Still waiting on a refund from one of them:(
(Black'something, Loris'something and Only_500)

Any clue where to buy from? It seems the SS500C is either out of stock, or obsolete now?

lorisblackit (ebay) has the kit listed ss500b and ss500c 4 available according to ebay. I have messaged in english and native language, but still no reply as yet.

Last edited:
lorisblackit (ebay) has the kit listed ss500b and ss500c 4 available according to ebay. I have messaged in english and native language, but still no reply as yet.
Yes, they say they have them in stock and they took my £. Then messaged to say no stock of SS500C (centre pipe). They are a few different (similar sounding) eBay accounts operating from the same Italian address.

I'm getting a refund on the pair, then re-ordering the SS500B (back box), and getting a local fabricator to make me a centre section. It's the marelli sound I'm after (hopefully not too droney).

You can buy replacement flexible sections. Cut the old pipe either side, slide on the repair part and clamp it in place with exhaust clamps.

60 miles with a blowing but not falling off exhaust would not stop me. ;)

Andy at Xtreme Stainless at Hixon near Stafford is very good. He does pipes for cars and bikes.

http://xtremestainless.co.uk

BUT. If I was going to that extent I'd also fit a sports manifold and under floor catalyst to go with the new system. A free flowing system is pointless when the OEM manifold effectively clogs the engine.

Last edited:
Think i am going to give up on the marelli centre pipe. Cant find one anywhere!. So new question, will the ragazzon centre pipe fit to the ulter back box?, and is there an alternative to the seperate ragazzon flexi?.

Think i am going to give up on the marelli centre pipe. Cant find one anywhere!. So new question, will the ragazzon centre pipe fit to the ulter back box?, and is there an alternative to the seperate ragazzon flexi?.

Where are you located? If you plan to keep the car, a full (cat back) system can be built in stainless for very reasonable cost.

Back