Technical Palio 1.4 Valve Clearance

Currently reading:
Technical Palio 1.4 Valve Clearance

hakansonmez

Hello friends, I have a 1.4 8v 2000 Palio hatchback. I have made my valves adjusted last month and since then the engine started overheating, idling rough and vibrating on high rpms. Today, I called the mechanics and asked for clearance values. He said that it was adjusted as .25 mm for inlet and .35 for exhaust valves. I think about getting tight valves because all the sypmtoms are very similar. I searched and couldn't find the exact values for my car. CDoes anybody know the exact values for my car? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
i have an idea about Palio 1.2 and Palio 1.6 ,the details are there in palio user manuals,
Palio 1.4 were never launched in INDIA , am sorry ,

Last edited:
Thanks for reply my friend. I think this version was sold only in Turkey. I have the user's manual but there's nothing written about the valve clearances in it. I hope one of forum users can give the exact specs

I have found the answer for my own question :) I am writing here the values of valve clearance for Fiat Palio 1.4 8V for the ones who wants to know the exact specs. I crosschecked them with both Haynes Pro and Autodata.

Palio/Palio Weekend/Strada/Siena/Albea
1997-2001
Engine Code: 178 B2.000

Haynes Pro;
Inlet : 0.40 (+/-0.05 mm) COLD
Exhaust : 0.50 (+/-0.05 mm) COLD

Autodata;
Inlet : 0.35-0.45 mm COLD
Exhaust : 0.45-0.55 mm COLD

So my valves are really thight for sure. I'll get them adjusted 0.40 (I) and 0.50 (E).

Back