Technical 126Bis

Fiat 126Bis, if anyone needs any bits give me a shout, few bits already away

Steering rack
Gearbox
Fusebox

Panels all rusty

Cheers Trevor.
Hi Trevor

I need a coolant level sensor, it's located in the coolant expansion bottle.

If you still have the bottle/sensor let me know please.

Thank you
Jason

Hi Jason, is it the switch half way down the side of the rad you need? if so then i have it, big brass fitting with 2 block connectors?

Cheers Trevor.
Not Trevor that the coolant fan switch.
I'm after the 'low coolant level sensor' which is located in the coolant expansion bottle.

If you look through the passangers side rear air vent you will see it in the black coolant bottle. It twists into the bottle.

Hi Jason, sorry i'v takin the wrong thing off, i'll have a look tomorrow, i'd say it's still on it.

Cheers Trevor.
Screenshot_20170325-072057.png

Thanks Trevor. It will look like this in the attached picture. You can remove it by taking off the passanger plastic air vent, it then untwists anti clockwise I believe, then trace the wire down to a connector that should just be in the engine bay on the left hand side.
Try to be a little careful as you pull it out of the coolant bottle as the little white float part can ping of.

You can also remove the whole expansion bottle. Again remove the air vent then you can detach pipes and un bolt it. Then remove the rear light unit and the bottle will come out where the light was.

Hope that all makes sense.

Thanks for taking the time in having a look for me.

Hi Jason, got that float off for you today.

Hi Gadge, the carb is still on the car but the car hasn't run for a good many years so would need completely stripped and cleaned out, if you want to send me your number i can send you a picture of the carb as it is on car.

Cheers Trevor.

Hi Jason, got that float off for you today.

Hi Gadge, the carb is still on the car but the car hasn't run for a good many years so would need completely stripped and cleaned out, if you want to send me your number i can send you a picture of the carb as it is on car.

Cheers Trevor.
Hi Trevor I've just pm you.

Thanks for your time in taking it off.

FIAT 126 was the first car I have ever drived (as for many people in my age from Poland). But I must admit that though the Bis is Polish modification of the original 126 these were very seldom seen on the roads in Poland.

Back