500 New member hello

Currently reading:
500 New member hello

Petunia64

Hi, I have just joined the forum. I have a 1964 500D. Her name is Petunia. She is restored as close to original as possible. So completely unmodified. Which is a bit unfortunate at times as we live on a Mountain! She is one of the 5000 cars assembled in New Zealand rather than Italy. So she is a bambina not a bambino! We purchased her a decade ago and she has undergone a fairly full restoration. Where possible we retained original parts and only purchased replacements if they could not be re-used/fixed. Her most unoriginal feature is her colour. At some stage in the 70s she was repainted and when we removed rust and redid the duco we decided to keep the colour (unoriginal and all). When we moved back to Australia she came with us. I look forward to learning from all of you! Petunia64.

Attachments

• Petunia1.jpg
    Petunia1.jpg
    310.4 KB · Views: 85
Beautiful car - does it have Blue and Me and the touchscreen Nav?...

Hi, I have just joined the forum. I have a 1964 500D. Her name is Petunia. She is restored as close to original as possible. So completely unmodified. Which is a bit unfortunate at times as we live on a Mountain! She is one of the 5000 cars assembled in New Zealand rather than Italy. So she is a bambina not a bambino! We purchased her a decade ago and she has undergone a fairly full restoration. Where possible we retained original parts and only purchased replacements if they could not be re-used/fixed. Her most unoriginal feature is her colour. At some stage in the 70s she was repainted and when we removed rust and redid the duco we decided to keep the colour (unoriginal and all). When we moved back to Australia she came with us. I look forward to learning from all of you! Petunia64.

Love it.

Back