General Panda turns over but wont start

Currently reading:
General Panda turns over but wont start

stevepartington

Hi All,

Just signed up to this. hope you can help. The car is a Panda 1.2 2007 model. I was getting no power to the 12v cigarette lighter socket. Not having any manual for the the car I checked all the fuses one by one. All of them were ok, I then checked the socket again and now have 12V present however now the engine turns over but wont start!

Any ideas?

Cheers

Hi & welcome

If checking the fuses is definitely all that has changed, check them again. Possibly one was dislodged while checking.

Few questions...
Any warning lights on the dash?
(Or any that were present now not lighting?

Does the immobiliser light go out?

Is the starter turning the engine over as fast as before?

Do you have an OBD reader?

Don't want to suggest much until the obvious things are checked.

Hi Thanks for reply & welcome,

All the fuses are secure, the engine turns over as fast as usual, the immobiliser light stays on while its turning over, yes I have an OBD readr but since I don't habe a manula I don't know where to plug it in.

Thanks

Hi,

I've re-checked all the fuses, they all appear fine and are secure. The engine turns over as fast as usual, I've plugged in my code reader and there are no fault codes stored. All the dash lights are as normal but the angine warning light stays on while its trying to start. I've also checked for loose wires/connections, everything seems ok.

Don't know what else to try.

thanks guys,

Found the OBD2 socket, only have one key its unbelievable that checking fuses can stop the car starting! I've checked everything I can think of and can't find anything wrong! No fault codes at all.

thanks guys,

Found the OBD2 socket, only have one key its unbelievable that checking fuses can stop the car starting! I've checked everything I can think of and can't find anything wrong! No fault codes at all.

Hi,:)
it's still immobilised,

if you listen - the fuel pump probably isn't running.,:eek:
the immob runs from the body computer.. you are probably only reading ENGINE codes..,

in your position I would 1st disconnect the battery for an hour, then hope it resets something.

( odd that you didn't mention replacing a blown fuse)
Charlie

it's still immobilised,

the immob runs from the body computer.. you are probably only reading ENGINE codes..,

in your position I would 1st disconnect the battery for an hour, then hope it resets something.

Charlie
Thanks Charlie,

Battery now disconnected. There wasn't a blown fuse, I was checking them since I had no power at the 12v socket inside the car (see my first post)

Cheers,

Steve

My guess is there was a blank space and one of the fuses has gone back in the wrong place.

Did you check both the fuses by the steering colum and under the bonnet post a photo and I will compare with mine.

Has the cigarette lighter ever worked? Or have you installed one.

My guess is there was a blank space and one of the fuses has gone back in the wrong place.

Did you check both the fuses by the steering colum and under the bonnet post a photo and I will compare with mine.

Has the cigarette lighter ever worked? Or have you installed one.
Its possible I may have put one back in the wrong place, I'll photo them and post. I checked both fuse boxes. Only had the car for 3 weeks and its the factory fitted cigarette lighter that wasn't working, but since I checked the fuses it now works.

Its possible I may have put one back in the wrong place, I'll photo them and post. I checked both fuse boxes. Only had the car for 3 weeks and its the factory fitted cigarette lighter that wasn't working, but since I checked the fuses it now works.
Hi, I've attached two photos of the fuses I've checked, can anyone compare them to t
DSCN2361.JPG
heirs to see if I've replaced any in the wrong position?

Tha
DSCN2362.JPG
nks

it's still immobilised,

Charlie
Any ideas on how to reset the immobiliser?

Back