image210.jpeg

Tempra Tempra 1.8 SX i.e.

Introduction

Not quite sure how this happened, but I seem to have acquired a Tempra saloon! From the North of Scotland too.... :rolleyes:

Seems to be pretty good, and (if you can believe it) one of only two 1.8 SX i.e.'s according to how many left. I hadn't realised it was an early one either - is it right they were launched in September 1990 in the U.K.?

New tyres Monday, fun on Tuesday..... (y)

Wow that looks nice the tempra was my favourite fiat . Am jealous ?

can you take a photo of the carburetor vacuum line, mine is messed up i need it to reference, thank you very nice Tempra.

Hi, was this the beautiful Tempra At the NEC recently? I love it anyway, surely there aren't 2 of these. Is it potentially for sale? My Dedra has given up the fight after a long battle with dreaded rust, and a telegraph pole/black ice did not help much. RIP but she went to a good project where her engine and gear box lives on, teaching disadvantaged young people mechanics at St. Enoch's in Bradford. Meanwhile I have most of the interior and quite a few panels in my shed, can hardly move :)
Meanwhile I must have another Italian saloon, as the meet season is upon us.
Always loved Tempra's, had a dark blue base model 1.4 when they were current around 1995. Also girlfriend had an estate around 2000, that one had already succumbed to the rust sadly.

Or something else that you might have come across...

Hi, was this the beautiful Tempra At the NEC recently? I love it anyway, surely there aren't 2 of these. Is it potentially for sale? My Dedra has given up the fight after a long battle with dreaded rust, and a telegraph pole/black ice did not help much. RIP but she went to a good project where her engine and gear box lives on, teaching disadvantaged young people mechanics at St. Enoch's in Bradford. Meanwhile I have most of the interior and quite a few panels in my shed, can hardly move :)
Meanwhile I must have another Italian saloon, as the meet season is upon us.
Always loved Tempra's, had a dark blue base model 1.4 when they were current around 1995. Also girlfriend had an estate around 2000, that one had already succumbed to the rust sadly.

Or something else that you might have come across...

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the comments - yes it was up at the NEC. (y)

It's not for sale I'm afraid, and don't see it going anywhere anytime soon. I'll let you know if anything changes.

There was a Tempra 1.6 on EBay about a week ago, but I think the listing has finished. Something will turn up - I'll let you know if I see anything in my travels. (y)

Back