Newbie with a very annoying problem

Currently reading:
Newbie with a very annoying problem

JossKell

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and as I can't find an answer on trusty google I'd thought I'd join and ask you guys!

I have a 2006 doblo cargo 1.3 multi jet...
It recently developed a very annoying power steering leak, well what I thought was a leak!

I've checked all connections on the pipework and can't see a leak as such... I topped the fluid up to just below max, ran it while it was warm and it stayed there... I started it up and drove two miles and it had returned to just below the minimum.

Am I right in thinking maybe it's boiling over and leaving through the breather pipe on the reservoir cap or the cap itself?
I've seen power steering coolers online but I can't seem to see one on this model?

Sorry for the long winded message! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and as I can't find an answer on trusty google I'd thought I'd join and ask you guys!

I have a 2006 doblo cargo 1.3 multi jet...
It recently developed a very annoying power steering leak, well what I thought was a leak!

I've checked all connections on the pipework and can't see a leak as such... I topped the fluid up to just below max, ran it while it was warm and it stayed there... I started it up and drove two miles and it had returned to just below the minimum.

Am I right in thinking maybe it's boiling over and leaving through the breather pipe on the reservoir cap or the cap itself?
I've seen power steering coolers online but I can't seem to see one on this model?

Sorry for the long winded message! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, and welcome, :)

"boiling" in the UK Winter.. I doubt it..:eek:

most FIAT's have electric PAS , it's only the vans that have hydraulic.. so I'm afraid I'm a bit out of touch ( 1990 was my last one:rolleyes:)

I'll try and link to a similar thread..

Charlie

Thanks for the reply... haha I know "boiling" over seems obsurd... maybe it wasn't the best choice to describe it.
It seems as if it is forcing it out of the top as when it gets to the minimum mark it never drops lower (as if it had too much in).
There is slight bubbling and a whining noise which I'm lead to believe is a leak somewhere in the system.

It was only mot'd last month and nothing was picked up however there was an advisory a few years back for a leak but never again after.
It's an Ex Royal Mail van... not sure if that's a good or bad thing ?

Back