Technical Boot lid catch

Currently reading:
Technical Boot lid catch

Amyhaisa

Hi, does anyone know what could be causing the boot catch on my 2014 500L trekking to work sometimes but not always on either the lid catch or by using the key fob, sometimes g to open it and t h ere is no reaction from the mechanism? very frustrating when the boot is full of shopping! :mad:

Hi we had this problem on two of our previous car's which is caused by damp and cold.The release catch is worked by a small electric motor (rather like an old Hornby train motor) inside a plastic box and it's brushes get dirty.So if you are thrifty and patient it is not to difficult to take it off the car and take apart and clean the brush/comutator.The plastic gear is sprung to return and you have wind it up as you put it back together check that it retracts by turning the motor by hand let go the ram should wind back.If you are more generous and short of time it is a job for the dealers.

Thank you both so much for your replies. Popped into the dealer today and they think it's covered in the warranty so should get it replaced. Aparantly the fault is a short of some kind that bizarrely can affect the rear lights also, and one of those needs replaced also as it is affected???? One to remember for the future. Thanx again.

hi everyone a newbie here got same problem my boot latch suddenly stopped working and after a bit of wd40 started but boot light stays on and warning saying boot open wont go off it also feels as if tailgate not closed properly any ideas thanks

I replaced a boot latch on my wife's 06 Punto last weekend......
The latch was working, as was the remote, and dashboard release buttons...BUT the boot light failed to come on.
I removed the latch(very easy,)but found that getting Inside the lock was not easy without damaging the plastic case, so I picked up a genuine Fiat part(no.0055702917) latch on E bay,@ just over £19.
This maybe your issue, as inside the latch is a switch ......and that is playing up, so to speak...
I hope this is helpful.....
Ian

Back