Technical Replacement battery (EFB type) for a 2013 SS twinair - Is this DIY

Currently reading:
Technical Replacement battery (EFB type) for a 2013 SS twinair - Is this DIY

Ok so a very quick question. I am off to Spain for a few months on Thursday and want to get the engine battery replaced on my 2013 500 twinair with stop start.
Normally an engine battery would be simple for me, except I notice from several websites that on a stop start car the battery may need to be paired to the car > WTF....... ? :bang:
Is this correct for the Fiat 500? Do I need to return it to the dealer?

Ok so a very quick question. I am off to Spain for a few months on Thursday and want to get the engine battery replaced on my 2013 500 twinair with stop start.
Normally an engine battery would be simple for me, except I notice from several websites that on a stop start car the battery may need to be paired to the car > WTF....... ? :bang:
Is this correct for the Fiat 500? Do I need to return it to the dealer?

Good news - the consensus of opinion here is that the S/S system will automatically relearn the new battery parameters - it may take a couple of days. If you've time, charge fully on the bench & leave it to stand overnight to dissipate the surface charge before fitting to the car.

The other good news is that the radio code is stored in the body computer so you shouldn't have to reprogram the radio code either.

Last edited:
Correct, all you should have to do is reset the date and time. As JR pointed out it does take a little while for the car to relearn the new battery and for SS to start working again

Back