Technical Panda Bare...?

Currently reading:
Technical Panda Bare...?

I have had my 2016 Panda Cross now for four months and I've just realised I am sometimes feeling the operation of the steering with the toe of my clutch foot. I was a bit surprised to discover that my footwell seems to be full of exposed machinery! Shouldn't there be some sort of bulkhead here? The passenger side at least seems to have some kind of soft screening.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 162
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 126
I was a bit surprised to discover that my footwell seems to be full of exposed machinery!

"They're all like that, sir!"

Remember this is designed as a LHD car; the RHD conversion is a factory add-on which some might say lacks finesse.

That screening in the passenger footwell conceals some more cobbled together machinery; it was only added after a few folks reported that a contortionist front seat passenger could inadvertently operate the brakes.

Last edited:
That screening in the passenger footwell conceals some more cobbled together machinery; it was only added after a few folks reported that a contortionist front seat passenger could inadvertently operate the brakes.

I remember there was recall of the Citroen C3 Picasso for similar reasons! Anyway, now I know not to drive the Panda with sandals on :eek:

Well, a regular Panda Easy certainly has all this gubbinry well hidden. Must just be a thing with the Cross edition. Not sure why they'd make the Cross an exception, but sounds like they do.

Well, a regular Panda Easy certainly has all this gubbinry well hidden. Must just be a thing with the Cross edition. Not sure why they'd make the Cross an exception, but sounds like they do.

I'd like to hear from others too, it doesn't look right to me. In fact I have just emailed customer services to see what they have to say.

Last edited:
Remember this is designed as a LHD car; the RHD conversion is a factory add-on which some might say lacks finesse.

Well that's also true of virtually every other car you can buy for the British market. Not the 'finesse' part, maybe, but it's not a technical argument. They make a perfectly good right-handed dashboard moulding so a bit of cheap plastic screening for the footwell ought to be no problem.

Back