Technical Changing radio

Currently reading:
Technical Changing radio

Daughter's 2011 Multijet Dynamic has a stupid radio that has no aux in available....tried hitting cd twice...... nothing.

If I change the radio to a aftermarket unit what functions (if any) will I loose? Can I get a Fiat radio with aux in easily? How do I know it has aux in without powering it up?

When I did it to my Wife's 207 (before we bought the Panda) she couldn't change the clock! French electrics!!!

Anything I need to know if I do ithink?

Many thanks.

Assuming it is a double-DIN unit, then if it is mp3 capable, it has an mp3 symbol on it.
As far as I am aware, ones without the mp3 symbol will not do aux-in, but I could be mistaken. Certainly I have not seen
a) one without the symbol which works, or
b) one with the symbol which doesn't.
Hope that helps.

If it is a single-DIN unit, the cheapest reliable option may be a diskless mp3 player. Look on Amazon or eBay. About £20.
I have fitted a few of these to Pandas now, and they don't seem to screw anything up so far.
Most also have Bluetooth and Handsfree.

Last edited:
Thanks.

The fitted radio doesn't have the AUX in activated.
I have a JVC mp3 cd player with aux in to fit but wondered it the tedious has any other function, the 207 radio changes the clock, speed beep and other shizz.

Thanks again

No other functions that should cause problems.

However, certain radio/ISO loom combinations seem to flatten the battery randomly.

Still haven't really got to the bottom of this problem, which is why I have started using the diskless ones instead of secondhand units. Just too much hassle for me. Yours may be fine, but keep an eye on it for a while, just in case.

Back