General excessive oil on breather 1.9jtd sporting

Currently reading:
General excessive oil on breather 1.9jtd sporting

the 1.9 multijet 130 model 06 plate ... had a oil drip on the floor checked it out at mates garage and was coming from turbo really bad .. so we cleaned it up and fitted a oil catch tank now i rarely drive it as i need a drive shaft and kinda skint with crimbo just been .. will replace soon ... but it filling up rather fast and i blocked the hole off on induction side and have an air filter running on the catch tank (mot is no issue) is this a common fault or a major issue....not leaking oil from anywere else ...car has 67 thou on the clock thanks for any help

You check all the intake pipes and removed them from the Turbo ?
Could possibly be turbo oil seals gone ?
Just be careful as Diesel engines will run on there own oil if the turbo passes enough

yeah checked them all there bone dry since i removed the crank breather from the intake pipe ... just worried as the oil catch tank fills up quick ... i had a astra gsi that was bad for leaking but never had crank issues or never owned a diesal before haha ... turbo seal seems fine and hits about 25 psi in 6th gear at 3 thoe revs and holds boost fine

its just below halfway was just below full 230 miles ago thats with town and motorway driing still does 40 mpg on average just scared of it killing it self as i can not afford another car atm

If the intake is bone dry, it's not the turbo, thats fine. No need to worry there.

The fact your catch tank is getting half full could be one of 2 things.

1. You have excessive blow-by. It normally carries oil vapour through the breather pipe anyway, but excessive carries more, hence filling up rather quick. This could be a sign of worn piston rings, however, could be seen as normal in turbo'd engines. Not sure on the figures you should be looking for on a compression test on a diesel, but once known, you should be able to diagnose from there.

2. Oil being flung and splashed around from the valvetrain could be being carried through the breather with the blow-by gasses, causing it to fill quick.

Seeing a coating of oil in the intake is normal, unless it's excessive, which does warrant further investigation.

just to let you no i had pressure check done and piston 2 was the lowest but the garage said it is in the recommended area on autodata so nothing to worry about so i went to fiat as i need the ecu update due to car not wanting to start when cold says excess radiator fluid temperature fiat said needs the ecu updated after this gonna just sell the car as it has issue after issue and its an o7 not 06 haha not had the car long ,,, bought it of an old woman and thought i had a good deal for 1300 no gear crunches and had no problems till i got home ... was just the low milage as i nearly bought one with 160k on the clock

Back