General 500 fog lights

Currently reading:
General 500 fog lights

Rusty83

Hey folks, new to the fiat forum,
Does anyone know if it's at all possible to fit genuine 500 front fogs to our 500 lounge.
Is the wiring already in place etc etc?

Welcome, I have no idea, as mine has them already, but I'm sure someone on here will know. If I was pushed I would say the wiring won't already be there.

Thanks Alex, some manufacturers use the same loom which would make it much easier in fitting.

and the key post is this one.

Basically that thread is saying you may as well forget about retrofitting the factory option front foglamps (it'd be cheaper to trade the car in for one which already has them fitted), but you can fit aftermarket lamps (or even genuine OEM ones) with a separate switch/relay and fused supply relatively simply.

What you can't easily do is retrospectively install them so they work the same way as the factory fitted ones.

Last edited:
I noticed during the week that my front fog lights don't work for some reason. It definitely has them, and my Fog Light button has two symbols on it, I'm guessing for front and back, and when you press it, the symbol for back fog lights comes on my dash, and symbol for front dogs come in, but the front fogs don't actually do anything? My partner is convinced they're just for show and not genuine fog lights, but surely then the button would only have one symbol, as would the dash?

Maybe my front ones don't have bulbs or maybe blown bulbs that's why they're not working?

Maybe my front ones don't have bulbs or maybe blown bulbs that's why they're not working?

If you get a front fog tell tale light on the dash then check the wiring/fuse/relay/bulbs? not to mention they're properly earthed!
I have to say the standard headlights are very good, especially when I fitted Philips extreme +130% bulbs 55w

Last edited:
My front fog light (right side) do not work and don't pas the MOT. Ask my local service dealer to replace both side bulbs. Got my car back, same problem, right side still don't work.
Return the car. Service reply, bad earthed. Next day, same problem.
If it was not properly earthed, I assume both fog lights would not worked? I believe the fog light wiring harness has a common ground? Can anyone confirm? Where is the fog lights wiring earthed? Any other pin points to look for?

Last edited:
My front fog light (right side) do not work and don't pas the MOT. Ask my local service dealer to replace both side bulbs. Got my car back, same problem, right side still don't work.
Return the car. Service reply, bad earthed. Next day, same problem.
If it was not properly earthed, I assume both fog lights would not worked? I believe the fog light wiring harness has a common ground? Can anyone confirm? Where is the fog lights wiring earthed? Any other pin points to look for?

If need be run a new earth just for that light?

Back