Technical Sedici - Brake Pipe size and spec

Currently reading:
Technical Sedici - Brake Pipe size and spec

Hello,

I need to replace both rear brake cyclinders on my Sedici 1.9 4x4.
One of them has a seized piston the other has a slight leak.

The Brake Pipe unions felt pretty solid when I tried them the other day when I gave them a squeeze with a flare nut spanner, so I am expecting problems.
I have been giving them a squirt of Plus-Gas and WD40 over the last few days and hopefully this might penetrate the corrosion.

can anybody advise on which type of brake fittings they use on these cars.

I suspect they are 10 x 1mm fittings and DIN 4.75 Bubble Flares, but just wanted to check before i go out and buy a flaring tool and fittings.

I would rather have them in my tool box just in case, than have a drama when the original OEM items fail on me during the strip down.

Hello,

I need to replace both rear brake cyclinders on my Sedici 1.9 4x4.
One of them has a seized piston the other has a slight leak.

The Brake Pipe unions felt pretty solid when I tried them the other day when I gave them a squeeze with a flare nut spanner, so I am expecting problems.
I have been giving them a squirt of Plus-Gas and WD40 over the last few days and hopefully this might penetrate the corrosion.

can anybody advise on which type of brake fittings they use on these cars.

I suspect they are 10 x 1mm fittings and DIN 4.75 Bubble Flares, but just wanted to check before i go out and buy a flaring tool and fittings.

I would rather have them in my tool box just in case, than have a drama when the original OEM items fail on me during the strip down.

I've not seen ANYBODY recently in this section doing any in-depth work..,:eek:

so your answer will probably be on a parts site, ;)
Charlie

If I were you I'd crack off the brake nut the take the bolt out then unscrew the cylinder off the brake nut as it's usealy the nut that's sized on the pipe then you can free off the nut easily
That's what I have done on mine as I had the same problem on my Sedici
Regards stephen

If I were you I'd crack off the brake nut the take the bolt out then unscrew the cylinder off the brake nut as it's usealy the nut that's sized on the pipe then you can free off the nut easily
That's what I have done on mine as I had the same problem on my Sedici
Regards stephen

It's that initial cracking off where the damage is usually done, but i like your idea and will give it a go.

Once nut and pipe are not under stress they usealy free up with a good release agent and a bit of care

Back