Technical Finding injector codes

Currently reading:
Technical Finding injector codes

Does anyone know if MES can read the code an injector was programmed with?

Haven't got the diesel available at the moment so I can't check myself...

I may have access to a 1.3 engine with possible busted cam chain (hence the "may"). Thinking about stripping all of the useful bits before it gets ripped out of the car.
Will grab the injectors anyway if I can, but they would be more use with their codes if I can read them while the car is whole.

The codes are printed on the plastic tops. They will probably be seized in.
If the chain has broken then the damage will most likely be only cam followers. You don't need to remove the cylinder head to replace them.

Not my engine (yet) so not my call on what bits I can have, and access is restricted at the moment. If I can get the whole engine I probably will, but may not be possible.
No codes visible on plastic tops -are they embossed/printed or on a label? I didn't change the injectors in our diesel and I can't picture them in my head well enough to remember.
Reading them from the ECU would probably be easiest in this instance if they can be got that way.

The code is printed on the plastic top where the leak off pipe fits. The codes will be in the engine management ecu on the car with the injectors fitted.
If you fit these injectors to another car, you have to input the codes from the injector tops in to the engine ecu.

Back