Technical No oil pressure after multiair change

Currently reading:
Technical No oil pressure after multiair change

PuntoEvoKez

Hi all,

Newbie to the forum so be gentle..

I bought a 2010 Punto Evo 1.4 Multiair 105bhp around 4 months ago, which was running perfectly until it had symptoms of Multiair failure a few weeks ago. Took it into a garage who diagnosed it just as I thought... Multiair failure. Fast forward a few weeks, my mechanic has fitted the new Multiair unit but upon starting it up he said there's no oil pressure and the car won't start. He thinks this could be due to a failed oil pump - does that sound feasible? I didn't have any oil warning lights before I took it into the garage. Does he just need to run it for a bit for it to build pressure? HELP!

Thanks,
Kieran

Hi all,

Newbie to the forum so be gentle..

I bought a 2010 Punto Evo 1.4 Multiair 105bhp around 4 months ago, which was running perfectly until it had symptoms of Multiair failure a few weeks ago. Took it into a garage who diagnosed it just as I thought... Multiair failure. Fast forward a few weeks, my mechanic has fitted the new Multiair unit but upon starting it up he said there's no oil pressure and the car won't start. He thinks this could be due to a failed oil pump - does that sound feasible? I didn't have any oil warning lights before I took it into the garage. Does he just need to run it for a bit for it to build pressure? HELP!

Thanks,
Kieran

Hi,and welcome, :)

does sound a bit random.. ,:eek:

100 % sure no wiring had been damaged / swapped..??

so the pressures there , but the wiring isn't reading from the sensor..?

:idea: member burrowsdeano may have come across this before,

I've certainly not seen it on here.. :confused:

Charlie - Oxford

I sure have, and just happens I've been and bought a go today with multiair problems which by the way I now have a fix for and as far as I've looked on the Internet no one else has. Anyway tell your mechanic to take off the oil filler cap, under there he will see a little ball valve which you can depress and feed oil in with an oil can. After doing that it's best to tow it up the road to get it running. Sometimes they can be a real pain to get running/ build oil pressure to the multiair unit. Works a treat towing it up the road tho

I sure have, and just happens I've been and bought a go today with multiair problems which by the way I now have a fix for and as far as I've looked on the Internet no one else has. Anyway tell your mechanic to take off the oil filler cap, under there he will see a little ball valve which you can depress and feed oil in with an oil can. After doing that it's best to tow it up the road to get it running. Sometimes they can be a real pain to get running/ build oil pressure to the multiair unit. Works a treat towing it up the road tho

Nice one, thanks! I'll tell him to give it a try tomorrow.

Back