Technical multiecuscan

Currently reading:
Technical multiecuscan

JMSG

i there ! i'm having some problems with my computer and i'm thinking about a replacement , so i have a question , does anyone uses the multiecuscan software with windows 10 ?? does it have any issues ?

i there ! i'm having some problems with my computer and i'm thinking about a replacement , so i have a question , does anyone uses the multiecuscan software with windows 10 ?? does it have any issues ?

I have Windows 10 (32bit) on my Panasonic Toughbook and have no issues with MES running on it.

I have windows 10. I am not happy with it at all . My desk top has windows seven and I am very happy with that program.However I have Multiecuscan downloaded on my laptop(Gateway) and it worked very well. I have the latest version, 3.0 I believe and used it to turn off the air bag light on my 98 Barchetta. worked excellent.

Attachments

• georgian bay point.jpg
    georgian bay point.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 347
  • fiat Georgian Bay.jpg
    fiat Georgian Bay.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 51

MES runs OK on Windows 10. However if you are buying a shiny new laptop, unless the issues with the old one are terminal, I suggest you keep it for working on the car. Do a clean install of whatever operating system it has already and just put MES on it. Then if you drop the laptop when working on the car it won't be your shiny new one that is broken. You never know a new OS install might cure some of the issues you are having.

Robert G8RPI.

MES runs OK on Windows 10. However if you are buying a shiny new laptop, unless the issues with the old one are terminal, I suggest you keep it for working on the car. Do a clean install of whatever operating system it has already and just put MES on it. Then if you drop the laptop when working on the car it won't be your shiny new one that is broken. You never know a new OS install might cure some of the issues you are having.

Robert G8RPI.

that was the idea !! I allready have a new one with windows 10 for other uses , the problematic one its an old one with windows Vista that started to shut down sudently or get a stalled picture in screen ...
Because i didn't want to put the new one at diagnosing cars for the ovios reasons that you mentioned , i took it to a informatic guy that cleaned it up and installed windows 7 but he told me that it has a graphic chip damaged and advised me to buy another and not consider a repair ...
I also run vagcom , opcom and scantool on it , my father in law as an auto shop ;)
so now i'm considering buying a small and cheap hp 2GB ram 32GB hard drive for that use:idea:

Last edited:
that was the idea !! I allready have a new one with windows 10 for other uses , the problematic one its an old one with windows Vista that started to shut down sudently or get a stalled picture in screen ...
Because i didn't want to put the new one at diagnosing cars for the ovios reasons that you mentioned , i took it to a informatic guy that cleaned it up and installed windows 7 but he told me that it has a graphic chip damaged and advised me to buy another and not consider a repair ...
I also run vagcom , opcom and scantool on it , my father in law as an auto shop ;)
so now i'm considering buying a small and cheap hp 2GB ram 32GB hard drive for that use:idea:

I bought a secondhand Panasonic Toughbook CF-30 in order to do MultiEcuScan on it. Only a core 2 duo cpu and 4gb ram but plenty for what i'm using it for. Plus it's as tough as nails for a laptop :)

Hardware problems graphic chip damaged ! It stil runs but sudently shuts off or get a static picture in screen !! It does not compensates to repair ! I allready tried out some tricks like cleaning the coolling system replaced the thermal paste and " reballing" but no results

I run multiecuscan on a connect tablet tescos were selling for £60. It has windows 10. Runs very well. The small USB connection is not ideal but it is very portable and carry it in either vehicle if going a long way.

I bought a secondhand Panasonic Toughbook CF-30 in order to do MultiEcuScan on it. Only a core 2 duo cpu and 4gb ram but plenty for what i'm using it for. Plus it's as tough as nails for a laptop :)
yeahthat.gif

I use a CF 19 running Windows XP SP2 to run MES and PicoTechnology Picoscope automotive oscilloscope software. It's stable, tough and good battery life. I've also run MES on Dell Lattitude D620 (the older model) which can be picked up cheaply.

Robert G8RPI.

Back