Cleaning kits

Currently reading:
Cleaning kits

Ianjamess

What cleaning kits does everyone use and recommend? Sick of going to local car wash or using just shampoo then needing to wash my car again 3 days later, want that lasting shine!!!

At this time of year there's not much you can do other than not driving to avoid getting dirty every couple of days.

Depending on your budget, you can get a decent car shampoo then a hard wax like Collinite 845 or 476 which will making the washing part a lot easier.

Fish

I've only ever used a soft brush that is fed by a cold water pipe up the middle of it. The car is 7 years old , looks like new ,and takes about 10 minutes to wash. I put some polish on it once but it took that long to put on I only did it the one time.

Depends how much you're willing to spend, and how much effort you're willing to put in. I'm an Autoglym fanboy myself, started with a kit like this and now have just about every lotion and potion they have going. I don't go "all out" very often, but it means that the in-between washes usually just need shampoo and a rinse and we're away again.

I was looking at this kit last night, very tempted to get one! Never done a all out clean just the standard wash dry and wax but really pissed at all the swirls left on my car from doing so and hate that the next day it doesn't even look like its been washed! How long roughly would a all out exterior clean take with this kit?

Oh that's not that bad then I can spend over an hour doing a normal wash to make sure I haven't missed any bits haha! I was expecting you to say like 6 hours haha! Definitely going to have to invest in that kit then, cheers for your help!

Back