Off Topic Did you buy Approved Used from FIAT?

Currently reading:
Off Topic Did you buy Approved Used from FIAT?

I'm wondering how many of you chose to buy your Panda's from FIAT used as an 'Approved Used' car, and how you feel about it.

- What spec did you buy? And was it what you wanted?
- Did you get a good bit off the equivalent factory ordered car?
- Age / Mileage / Price Paid
- Was it in good shape?
- Would you buy Approved Used again?

I'd love one based on the low prices of the Panda alone!

But much 'better' deals exist in the private market, however, I'd imagine buying Approved Used has some sort of higher quality due to a guarantee and background checks on the car.

I'd love to get myself a Panda POP in the future from Fiat themselves, be it brand new if they've a good deal like the £6995 one at the minute or one for around 5,000 barely used.

Although it's more basic than my current Panda Dynamic, that's what I love about it :cool:

PCP deals not only make new cars more affordable for some, but also help with the dealer stock of used cars, as they get most back at the end of the deals to sell on, they more than often have low mileage and have been serviced within the network.

As far as deals on these go, due to the way they work, the "balloon payment" at the end of the deal is what the dealer has invested in the car.
You can roughly work out the "balloon payment" of any of these used cars as they are well advertised, so you can start your haggling from there.

We're on fairly friendly terms with our dealer, he's sold us a few new cars in the past, so when I went to buy the Pop, I explained what I thought it owed them due to this "balloon" and started haggling.

The screen price quickly dropped to a more reasonable price and I got the impression my offer wasn't too far away from the cold truth by the way he screwed his face up and didn't argue with my logic!

We got a three year old car with 7000 miles on it in mint condition for less than a similar car at Car Giant.

Both the Mrs and me love it and will make a beeline for it's key before our newer Lounge or 4x4 TA, it was bought to teach the sprog to drive, but they don't get a look in anymore!

In regards to warranties, Fiat Approved come with a minimum 12 months and 12 months breakdown, though you can extend this for a price, though I've never felt the need, our dealer fixed a rattly dash out of warranty for free and that's a massive dash out job.

Purchased new fiats for the last 10 years + from fiat main dealers, each time the service got progressively worse, once the car was paid for they didn't want to know, went back the other day to speak to a salesman re:pCP,

had to wait and hour to speak to a salesman as they were all in a "meeting" to then be told its nothing to do with the dealer need to speak to the finance company. PLATTS are an utter waste of time !!!

very poor experience again and again ...

Not the first time I've heard Platt's are a waste of space, a mate had 2 cars off them once the papers were signed interest was lost in providing any service.

Back