Technical Remote Key, Lights and Turbo Pressure Feed

Currently reading:
Technical Remote Key, Lights and Turbo Pressure Feed

Hello guys,

I have some questions I couldn't explicitly find here so I'll ask! I have a 1.9 8v 115 stilo :D

First, recently I lost my key and got a replacement made for my locks and I would like to know if I can get a remote key working with the code that they used.

Secondly, I switched the licence plate lights with LED's but they flicker, I'm not sure if it's because of the ground since the connection was made with the bolts that secure the boot handle and lights, if someone can help with some way of fixing this would be nice!

At last, where's the best place to get a pressure reading from the car and does the obd port provide those values since the car must have to pull those readings from somewhere.

Thanks for everything in advance. (y)

ahh ok. Many cars have spring loaded pins that make contact when the boot lid shuts, rather than a wiring loom through the hinge area, have you checked those contacts? (I'm new to Stilos and haven't checked this out yet)

On the wiring that goes to the boot for the wipers, boot lock and licence plate there is one single cable that was cut loose, but I don't know what it was for and everything is working well except for the led's flickering. I know have installed normal incandescent bulbs because they don't flicker, probably because of the different technologies..

a healthy LED supplied with a constant voltage wont flicker. The incandescents "turn off" slowly compared to LEDs so wont flicker as much with the same intermittent voltage.

Were there pins or was it a loom through the hinge area?

Re LEDs, you have a poor connection somewhere. As Mytheroo says they've much more sensitive to such things so you will see them flicker.

You have to be careful what you replace with LEDs on modern cars as they tend to run blown bulb detection functions and often use a CANBUS data line. The difference in resistances for LED bulbs vs a filament lamp can often confuse such things and cause a number of issues, flickering lamps being one of them.

Re the key - the code they will have used is for the immobiliser, which will be different to the code for the alarm and central locking. You should be able to get the appropriate code from your dealer to program the key though. You program the car to accept the key, not the other way round.

Re turbo pressure reading, there isn't any easy location to tap a feed for turbo pressure, if you're wanting to do something like a boost gauge. That information is available via the OBD port though if you wanted it.

If you were wanting to install a boost gauge or something then you'd have to tap a new port feed from the inlet manifold.

It's a loom that runs through the boot but it seams to be in good condition don't really know what the problems seams to be.

That's why I suspect the problem to be from the ground of the connection, since it's running through the bolts.
Normally I get led's with resistances so that there's no problem with canbus errors and I dont' think it to be a problem of the ecu or something because when there's no vibration the lights are stable just not at full power sometimes.. bad connection certainly.

hmmm, ok. fiat dealer would be too pricey for me but the guy that got me this key used the new machines from silca, can they get those codes or only in a dealer?

I've hear so, do you know if I can get those readings with a ELM 327?

Talk to the guy that did you the keys then, he should be able to advise you best. All the codes have to come from dealer, only available from dealer, but in theory anyone with the right equipment can program they new key.

Back