Technical Driver side DRL woes

Currently reading:
Technical Driver side DRL woes

bruceiow

My wife's 500s is playing tricks on me.

I was nudging the cars up on the drive the other week and noticed that the offside front DRL was out, I popped out the bulb (after much swearing) and examined it. looked fine, tested it on my bench and on it came no problems. Put it back in the car and it still didn't work.

Wife reversed off the drive in the morning and both DRLS were on.... they have generally been on ever since during driving.

I used the follow me home lights last week and noticed that the very same DRL was off again. I have made a point of using FMHL every evening and each time that one DRL does not come on. Starting the car straight away again and on it comes.

So final nail in my sanity is that this morning, reversing off the drive I see that that damn light is out again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!

I check the contacts and all seemed ok and the car is barely 3 years old so i wouldn't expect too much corrosion.

Has anyone experienced this (or can check their FMHL's to see if their DRLS both light up!!)

Ta

The globes are on a CANBUS, and sometimes old globes that still work can throw the system off. I'd start with new globes. Three years is a fair time for a DRL globe to last.

Back