Technical Is the clutch goosed???

Currently reading:
Technical Is the clutch goosed???

unikarl

Ok, bought the girlie a cinq SX, ran fine (even though the headlights didnt work!) until yesterday. I started it up and set off but the clutch REALLY juddered the car every time i set off. I also noticed that there was a strange grinding type noise when accelerating in 1st gear and a little but in second.

Could the clutch be knackered or have i maybe damaged an engine mount?

Any ideas people?:confused:

unikarl said:
Ok, bought the girlie a cinq SX, ran fine (even though the headlights didnt work!) until yesterday. I started it up and set off but the clutch REALLY juddered the car every time i set off. I also noticed that there was a strange grinding type noise when accelerating in 1st gear and a little but in second.

Could the clutch be knackered or have i maybe damaged an engine mount?

Any ideas people?:confused:

Sounds like the clutch may be on its way out, i had similar problems with mine, two weeks later the clutch failed on me.

As for the grinding noise, it could possibly be a rear engine mount. Costs around £15, £18 from Fiat, make sure you have the Haynes manual, as it's a life saver. Hope this helps.

Sam

funkycinq said:
Sounds like the clutch may be on its way out, i had similar problems with mine, two weeks later the clutch failed on me.

As for the grinding noise, it could possibly be a rear engine mount. Costs around £15, £18 from Fiat, make sure you have the Haynes manual, as it's a life saver. Hope this helps.

Sam

Cheers bud, will check the mount tonight...just seems strange how they both happened at once......Oh, and the tappets are kicking off now too:bang:

unikarl said:
the tappets are kicking off now too:bang:

The tappets are ****e anyway on centos, they sound worse when the engine has been stood overnight but are quieter once the engine has warmed up, but its a common problem

AppleSei said:
The tappets are ****e anyway on centos, they sound worse when the engine has been stood overnight but are quieter once the engine has warmed up, but its a common problem

Cheers for the info mate.....hope i can get it sorted so the girlfirend doesnt want to drive my car instead!!!

AppleSei said:

only on the 899's. if a FIRE unit has noisy tappets then summit is wrong.

Back