General Jtd air filter

Currently reading:
General Jtd air filter

Neilycus

Hi folks, I'm still pondering how to get my air filter out, I've done 20 k since I got her and its been in long before that, I've got one bolt off out of three, others just turned and rusted and I cant get new bolts unless I pay 200 odd quid for new airbox. Someone told me it can be got at from underneath, has anyone done this before, I'd be very grateful for any replies. Neil

id attempt to get them from the top myself, the bolts are just tapped into the plastic housing that why they just turn, silly really as mine dont seal the housing very well. one of them i get through the slam panel with an extension bar.

i did get the whole housing out, and yes it can be got from underneath but it was a pita. if i remember the battery and tray has to come out.

Thanks Creon very kind of you to reply, only one is out and as I said I cant get hold of the bolts, so there's no point drilling the old ones out, just thinking ? if battery and tray are out, gear selectors can be lubricated to help cure my clutch judder, annoyingly I wont be doing this myself this time, I'm asking my great old mech in Morley to do it, any idea how long it will take him to do?. Thks again Neil ?

Thanks jazz ? problem is they are so rusty and turned they wont come out, need to be drilled but I cant get new ones, that's why I need to get from underneath

Yea need to pull it up while unscrewing wouldn't fancy trying to get a drill in there, there are some air filters listed for your van that are to big, make sure to take old one with you.

I cant get new bolts jazz that's why I need to get it from underneath its a pita!!

the bolts are completely rusted and turned, I tried and so did mechanic, I only managed to get one out. N.

Back