Panda (Classic) LHD import in Lisburn

Currently reading:
Panda (Classic) LHD import in Lisburn

Pandas must be like buses, you don't see one for ages then two come along together.

About a week after I got G734JWJ a red metallic left hand drive Panda appeared very close to my house in the Lisburn area. I asked the lady who was in the driveway at the time and she explained it was her friend's but I didn't get into any further conversation about it as I'm sure she probably thought it a bit random that someone would appear in the late evening to look at cars, but she was ok about me taking a photo of it. It's clearly an imported LHD one with NI plates on it and looks as though it could even be an early '00s model before manufacture ceased.

Attachments

• 20160902_214653.jpg
    20160902_214653.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 164
Got to agree with that first comment. Hadn't seen one since a car show in 2015 until I got mine, then I saw a project one near me and a woman came to me to talk about one that she has as well!

Always nice to see them about, thanks for sharing the picture. I have thought about going to the house of the person with the project one out near me, reg check says it hasn't been on the road for a couple years. Just don't know if they're the friendly type or not!

What colour and roughly what age? I'll keep an eye out for you in future as I'm often around that part of Down for work etc. Good to hear that there's still a few Pandas lurking about NI even if they do only come out to play once in a while. I've been driving mine at every opportunity since I've got it as it will soon be going in for a serious amount of welding and respray after which she'll be spending a bit more time stored away.

iam not sure the age of my panda, the dva would like me to prove the age but i havent figured out how to do this. its a red panda ie. so it has spi and a cat so late 80s early 90s. iam not sure what country it came from i buoght two pandas in co.meath the other is 2wd rhd panda lipstick originally from Guernsey.

Attachments

• IMG_20160530_142553.jpg
    IMG_20160530_142553.jpg
    978.4 KB · Views: 77
Interesting you've ended up with two Pandas and one a 'Lipstick' which must have only been a variant in some other country as I've never come across one before.

The Beat 2HP Eco car in your LHD to RHD thread is certainly a strange contraption that looks like great fun. I won't have any problems spotting that Panda on the Westlink.?

If you're stripping parts off either Panda and you're not keeping them to use as spares let us know as I could well be interested. I've been buying lots off ebay etc. and have almost all I need but would be keen to see what you would have, I particularly need a blue carpet and would pay a fair price based on condition.

If you're selling any Panda bits I'm very keen to take a look. A blue replacement carpet's high on my list along with a few other things for my restoration. My carpet's dead on except for the oil stains and a large hole worn in it; I'm wanting to get this Panda restored to a good standard. I'm gathering up various items over next few months and will be fitting it all next spring.

Would love to know more about the Beat 2HP Panda. Is it part of a competition? What inspired it?

I'll send you a PM regarding Panda parts to avoid this thread going off topic.

Attachments

• 20161008_171131.jpg
    20161008_171131.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Back