Technical doblo 1.6 multijet 105 lack of power

Currently reading:
Technical doblo 1.6 multijet 105 lack of power

doblorelou

hello ,
i have big trouble with my doblo , the car lacks of power , engine doesnt go over 1500t/min. when its cold the engine is ok then after there is no power and the car is running very slowly. the car starts normally and sound of the engin is ok
the mechanic checked :
--- turbo hoses : ok
--- no error with ecu
--- no smoke when running the engine
--- egr valve changed by a new one
--- tdc sensor changed
--- propeller of turbo looks ok
--- wastegate is ok

then now he thinks it could be the engine (piston ring or valve)

anyone could help me please :worship:

regards.

one mechanic suggested it the others said its not possible cause sometimes and when its cold the car is running fine with no smoke
what do you think ?

one mechanic suggested it the others said its not possible cause sometimes and when its cold the car is running fine with no smoke
what do you think ?

Check the vacuum pipes for signs of splits. If there are any that look perished or cracked, replace them. Especially the one that goes from the turbo actuator to the actuator solenoid.

Hi,

Any chance that it might be an air leak of some description relating to your air/fuel.

When an engine is cold all is fine enough, but as the engine warms up, parts start to expand

such as inlet gasket manifold, to name one area.

Second consideration could be fuel pressure issues. As you look for more fuel.........its not there.

A look at your injectors going into the block to see if there is any sign of fuel leaks.

Have all these components been checked when the engine is at operating temperature? Sounds like maf of vanes issue to me

Would think unlikely valves or rings if ok when cold with no smoke either, what sort of mileage ?

As others have said fuel supply issues should be priority number 1 in terms of investigations. I would always routinely change the diesel filter first.

thanks to everybody for the help
i need the electric drawing to test the maf but when it was unplugged no change at all
the doblo has 258000kms , and has his engine changed at 220000 (25000kms for the new one)
we think also that could be a fuel problem , but if its the filter why it runs fine when its cold and during few kms at high power ?
maybe injector ? or fuel pressure or pump ?

thanks to everybody for the help
i need the electric drawing to test the maf but when it was unplugged no change at all
the doblo has 258000kms , and has his engine changed at 220000 (25000kms for the new one)
we think also that could be a fuel problem , but if its the filter why it runs fine when its cold and during few kms at high power ?
maybe injector ? or fuel pressure or pump ?

I would suspect fuel pump in the tank

we checked fuel pressure it was ok but not when the engine was faulty
what do you think ?
do we have to check the fuel pressure and then the pump when engine is faulty ?
where is the pump ?

Hi,

If the 1.6 is the same as other doblos, you'll find the pump in the tank.

When you first turn on your ignition without starting the engine you should hear

the pump (motor), for about 2 to 3 seconds, then it switches itself off.

Others here will confirm this, but I'm pretty sure thats it location.

John.

To my mind it still points to crap in the fuel either in the tank or filter. When the vehicle is not used the crap settles and for the first few minutes car runs well, but once fuel starts to flow it stirs up the crap which then blocks up a fuel pickup and restricts flow. I have driven trucks and tractors which did just this on several occasions and it was always either particulate matter in the tank or in a filter. That mileage suggests a lot of fuel has gone through the tank from new so the tank is unlikely to be totally clean. Most vehicles today it is easy to get the top off of the tank as they usually have a hatch through the floor and an easy to remove plate to get the swirl pot or pump. Not looked at a Doblo though, but it should have something similar.

so i went to fiat concessionnaire
diagnostic: hose of the turbo soft and inflated ( the previous mecanics found it but didnt changed it)
75e for the hose
205e for work + extra

now the car is running fine , no problem after 100kms
hope it will be fine

thanks to all

Back