Technical Transmission Fluid

Currently reading:
Technical Transmission Fluid

eliohasa

Hello guys. I have a grande punto 1.3D 2006, with 120.000km. The third and fifth gear while driving are hard to shiftt . The transmission fluid i think has never been changed. Is this the problem or is something else. I will appreciate if you reply.

can you please be more specific becuase I am not very familiar with car parts. :(

And also, if it was the fluid problem, should it affect all the gears

Also i have to add that, when the RPM drops than i can shift normally. And also there is no grinding at all, or anyother noise when i try to shift

Change gearbox oil and hope for an improvement.

Also try the double clutch method and see if it helps. If the synchronizers are worn then you will feel a huge difference.

I tried the double clutch method and it didnt work, so i will change the oil and hope for an important because i dont wanna open the transmission

Hmm clutch condition? Can you engage reverse without grinding it?

Q:
With the engine off can you shift gears faster than with it on?????

If you can then it's more probably a problem with the clutch i.e it's not completely disengaging.
OR you are not pushing the clutch all the way to the floor.

A clutch bleeding might help

Last edited:
The gears shift fine when the car is off, the problem is only when the car is moving. I saw 2 mechanics yesterday. One saif that it was a transmission problem. The other one said that it might be the oil. So i changed it and the problem persists. None of them said it was a clutch problem

You never know exactly what it is until you open up the gearbox, my guess would be that the bearings are at fault.

the cables might need a slight adjustment.

But if you say it shift better with the engine off i advise you to consider the clutch slave or mater cylinder.
I don't know the exact configuration on your car but i would start looking there.

Do the faulty cables affect all the gears or just some, cuz i only have problems with the 3rd and 5th. And also its weird because it mostly happens at high RPM, if i let the RPM drop than it takes the gear normaly

Pointing towards worn synchros.. but the clutch could have an effect.

Is it the same HOT and COLD..?

I dont know what do u mean with hot or cold but a mechanic that i saw he saw the cables while i switched gears when the car was off and he said it was a transmission problem not the cables. I just wanna make sure if he was right or wrong because its not normal to open the transmission and find out that the problem was not there

how long have you owned this car?

Take into consideration that if you take off the gearbox it only makes sense you should also replace the clutch plate, the pressure plate, the DMF flywheel and maybe mater slave cylinder (if it's the type that is integrated into the pressure bearing).

Before going that route make sure everything else is in right working order.

THats the idea, i want to exclude everything else, so in the end i know for sure that the problem is in the gearbox. I have owned this car for 5 months now. its a 2006 GP, and it only had 113.000 KM when i got it

Back