General Purchase Advice & Wheels

Currently reading:
General Purchase Advice & Wheels

Halkyon

Hi folks,

Sorry to make my first post an ask for advice and information, I'd prefer to start out by being helpful, but such is life.

I'm currently deciding between a 1.3 diesel with 100k miles on it (private sale) for <£1k and a 1.9 M-Jet Sporting with 50k miles being sold for £2.8k (dealer). My first question would be - is that a decent price for the latter?

The 1.9 has the 17" alloys that I'm really not a fan of. Are the smaller wheels - which I presume would give a more comfortable and quieter ride - a straight swap?

Thanks!

Hi folks,

Sorry to make my first post an ask for advice and information, I'd prefer to start out by being helpful, but such is life.

I'm currently deciding between a 1.3 diesel with 100k miles on it (private sale) for <£1k and a 1.9 M-Jet Sporting with 50k miles being sold for £2.8k (dealer). My first question would be - is that a decent price for the latter?

The 1.9 has the 17" alloys that I'm really not a fan of. Are the smaller wheels - which I presume would give a more comfortable and quieter ride - a straight swap?

Thanks!

What year are they both?

Thanks for the replies. If the timing belt hasn't been done, I should haggle a reduction of approx. £250?

How much are the big jobs? The dealer will want £300-500 for a 12 month warranty. If the likely jobs (gearbox for the 1.9?) aren't going to be much more than that then I'll go without.

Thanks for the replies. If the timing belt hasn't been done, I should haggle a reduction of approx. £250?

How much are the big jobs? The dealer will want £300-500 for a 12 month warranty. If the likely jobs (gearbox for the 1.9?) aren't going to be much more than that then I'll go without.

For timing belt, negotiate around £300, although it may cost less, i did mine in 2.5 hours, so it depends on the garage labour charge.

Not done any other jobs to it yet other than a service.

Listen for knocks and rattles, and this should give you an idea if you come across any issues.... https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-punto/89495-recalls-known-fault-issues.html

I called the dealer to ask if the timing belt had been done. They said they didn't know but they think the drop-links, brake discs and brake pads need doing so they might not sell it after all - it may be dumped via auction.

Funny because they would have taken my cash and let me drive away with it today. Cowboys!

I called the dealer to ask if the timing belt had been done. They said they didn't know but they think the drop-links, brake discs and brake pads need doing so they might not sell it after all - it may be dumped via auction.

Funny because they would have taken my cash and let me drive away with it today. Cowboys!

Odd that, unless they've found issues with it that will cost more than their profit margin to put right.

Back