Technical Panda Cigarette lighter not working

Currently reading:
Technical Panda Cigarette lighter not working

powersellerirl

Hello All;
I'm new so please be easy, had a look on the forum but cant find the answer.

I've got a Fiat Panda 1.1 2007 and there's no cigarette lighter in the normal places. I've since found a 'cigarette lighter' socket in the passenger foot-well near the door but there is no power coming from it. Everywhere else on the forum speaks about just being the gear stick.
I'm unable to find a fuse to check it...any ideas? Is this just there but not connected up?

The 1.1 Active did not come with a cigarette lighter, so one must be retrofitted if you wish to have one. The part is fairly cheap.

I think what you have found under the passenger seat might be a fuel cut off switch?

Please post a photo or two so we can see what this is? Thanks

Take off the floor tray around the hand brake handle. There should be a connector there for you to wire in a piggy lighter socket.

As you will see from the photos it does say 12v on the cover, any ideas on where this would be wired into? I cant see the 20amp fuse that is mentioned in other parts of the forum

Attachments

• 20160906_191829_resized.jpg
    20160906_191829_resized.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 74
  • 20160906_191825_resized.jpg
    20160906_191825_resized.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 100
  • 20160906_191816_resized.jpg
    20160906_191816_resized.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 178
I have a connector beside the handbrake under the cover but with the ignition on or off there is no power. I believe the power should be between the black / red?

Someone has added that. If it was done properly then it will probably have a wire directly from the battery ( with a fuse near the battery). Try tracing the wire. May just be disconnected or fuse has blown. However, make sure the wiring is suitable for your intended purpose, and don't just put in a bigger fuse!
The connector under the centre console is often not connected on the Active. Search this forum for more info. (Can't add links to articles from this phone), and look in the Guides section for a fitting guide.

Strange place to put a socket. Not exactly within reach when driving.

I'm not sure if this helps, but I have a 55 Active with a retro fitted 12v socket.

When I got the car this didn't work, but I couldn't find the fuse either. After a lot of searching and MEP's help (Classic Panda) I found it had been wired in and fused through the fuse board below right of the steering wheel.

Whoever fitted it, fused it with a 20amp fuse, through the 'electric sunroof fuse' holder!

'Twas the only fuse in there. It's been fine since. :slayer:

Back