General Abarth 595 145 bhp

Currently reading:
General Abarth 595 145 bhp

daveblue

Hi I am interested in buying the new abarth 595 145bhp mta, as I have to have an auto and wonder what the performance and living with the car is like I do feel that 145 bhp is enough for me.

brilliant little car, full of character and never a dull moment. 145bhp is quick enough but I think ill be getting mine remapped next year, and I'm interested in getting the Monza exhaust too.

Yep, I will agree with the above. A friend has a Monsanto exhaust, sounds great!

We,ve got a new 595 145hp and to be honest its enough.More is always nice of course.We had a previous 500 remapped to a claimed 190hp,it was dangerous to put it bluntly.In my opinion they are too short,and the back suspension should be independent and not a beam,it lets it down.

I've just put up 6k from new on my MTA and being a man who has always loved a proper gearbox I have to say I'm a complete convert to the MTA box. I really only drive it in manual and it is just so much fun and on a back road involving. In normal mode change up is just a little hesitation but you can help this by learning when to slightly lift the throttle.

In auto it can be a little frustrating as it holds the gears longer than I'd like in normal mode mostly in traffic.

In sport mode the manual side of things gets very sharp on change up and makes you feel your going quicker than you really are.

The one thing I would really advise you is that if you take one on a small test drive you won't get it. You need to drive it for a while to learn how to use it. Then you won't look back.

Re: Abarth 595 145 bhp MTA

Agree with everything said, take time to learn how to use the auto box, I have a new shape 595, I tend to use auto 70% of the time and once skill with the throttle is mastered gear selection is almost imperceptible

That power is really enough for small trips and in city you can park this car so easily

Back