General Bravo/a Section

Currently reading:
General Bravo/a Section

I'm now the moderator of the Bravo/a section of the forum. In the past this has been one of the quietest sections with a lot of posts going unanswered.

My plan is to liven this section up a bit.

Look at the Punto section, it is very active despite there being quite a few Punto specific forums. The Bravo/a section should be the same. Most of us here with Bravo/as also visit BOO, no harm in that, it's a great site and is very very useful, but...

Why can't this section of FF develop along with BOO?

Hands up who posts or reads this section on a regular basis. Please post below; (y) I just want to get an idea of how many regular users we have on board. :)

Amen brother. (y)

I'm in here all the time, I also read the posts over at boo but dislike the forum layout enough to not post.

I was/am more than a bit dissapointed that this section is so quiet, but pleased youre on the case. :)

I dont think it would hurt some to put a little more effort into the various sections. Its great that the LL crowd all get on so great etc. but I feel too much of it can give the site a certain feeling and have to wonder if it contributes to so many new members not returning.

It is important for a forum to have a friendly community but more important to have a good base of knowledge on its particular interest, Fiats in this case.

Maybe with a little effort from everyone the car side would pick up, new members and a better retention of members, giving a more balanced forum.

Glad I got that off my chest.

hi
i read through the posts quite regular but carnt answer a lot of the post as i have only had a bravo for about two month so not that well up on them yet
an wouldnt want to give bad advice

hi just a thought is there any like car window stickers that we can put in to attract more members
or is that just another stupid idea ive come up with:eek:

I normally check the bravo section out at lunch time everyday and then in the evenings a couple of times. Used to have FF as my home page but now is set to BOO.. hope it can change. BOO has prbs with anon posters at the min and alot of OT posts.

col0161 if you do a search for 'Fiat Forum Stickers' There are people on here selling them.. I brought some over a year ago on here . .

It can't change without help from the users. You make the forum. We don't want to take people away from BOO, but we do want to grow this section and there is no reason why people can't visit both sites. FF and BOO have a history together and that's not something we want to tarnish.

col161, as above, have a search on the forum and you'll see posts about stickers. (y)

I think it's a testement to both forums success Steve. People tend to stick to the one that fulfills their needs.

Personally, I am much more active on BOO as I find there is more of a community atmosphere as we all know each other quite well. FF has a much more diverse crowd which can be a bit awe inspiring at times and can make it difficult for newbies to hold their own and establish friendships.

The other problem seems to be that FF doesn't really fare that well at meets apart from Skeggy. BOO however has had great success this year in terms of turnout at events and has out-numbered the FF stand on most occasions (please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong as this is just how it seems).

I personally prefer the BOO layout as it's not so convoluted as FF. FF (for me) just has far too many sections which takes time to get used to. Maybe this makes newbie retention a problem.

With BOO, if I have a few days away I only have a couple of pages to get through to catch up whereas with FF, if you use the "New Posts" button you will have 3 - 400 posts to catch up on. Makes it a victim of it's own success really.

i still enjoy FF but will always use BOO more. I try to keep an eye on here but what with moderating and event organising on BOO I just don't have the time. :(

i think i might have been signed on the BOO forum before i joined here, they layout of the forum i disliked so so searched for a more general forum and found this one.

I think FF well out numbered BOO at stanford :)

I still refer to BOO for a few bits and pieces, its a good forum, but i settled here more so just stuck here, and its a big part of my life now.... thats quite sad i know :p

I'm a member of both but am probably more active here. I'm really pleased to see someone helping out more Steve, good luck and I'm sure we'll all do our best to help and look forward to seeing what ideas you have :D I don't know much but am learning all the time!

sammiboo said:
I think FF well out numbered BOO at stanford :)
Unfortunately I didn't make that one this year as I was away. Glad to see FF had a good turnout though. :)

Just my 2 pennies, but the seperate sections: General, Technical & Styling put me off a bit, and possibly could make it seem quieter than it really is. I'm sure having one list of posts for Bravo would make it easier to see new Bravo related posts, and if it's not too busy at the moment, there isn't really a need to seperate it up?!

Just a thought- Just thinking out loud really!

and dont forget Brava!

Although the layout has been done to appear consistent with the rest of the main Fiat type forums. Dont want Brava/o going down next to where Tipo and tempra is now do we!

Scorg said:
and dont forget Brava!

Although the layout has been done to appear consistent with the rest of the main Fiat type forums. Dont want Brava/o going down next to where Tipo and tempra is now do we!

That's a good point! I forgot all the single-section subjects are way down there!

Ben B said:
Just my 2 pennies, but the seperate sections: General, Technical & Styling put me off a bit, and possibly could make it seem quieter than it really is. I'm sure having one list of posts for Bravo would make it easier to see new Bravo related posts, and if it's not too busy at the moment, there isn't really a need to seperate it up?!

Just a thought- Just thinking out loud really!
Very good point well made Ben. I definitely agree with that.

So you two think it should be condemed to live out its last days with the likes of the tempra at the bottom of the page.

My vote goes for trying to liven it up a bit. The seperate sections making it easy to look back through previous posts without wading through them all.

The Brava/o aint dead yet.

Back