Tuning MTA Box remap

Currently reading:
Tuning MTA Box remap

Mageo

HI All, I thought I would share with you my recent experience with the TMC MTA remap Gizmo and how its working out !
I purchased the said remap plug in Gizmo a few days ago from TMC, paid a hefty price of £320 odd UK pounds and when I arrived home from work 2 days later the kit was sitting on my desk so good work in getting it out in such a short time TMC...tick...
The reprogramming is as simple as 1-2-3, just plug it in, wait for the light to go out and the constant beeping to start and thats it, start the engine and leave for 5 mins without touching the gas pedal VERY IMPORTANT THIS BIT...To start with you will find that your car feels no different from the pre mapped stage, but after a 100 miles or so ( I took it out for a good drive early the following day ) and I decided to do A roads, B roads and some motorway miles and I am now seeing a some difference in the way the MTA box does its magic, I cant say its like having the ECU remapped and that surge of power that you get, this remember is supposed to smooth out the jerky gearbox and it does it to some degree, I just cant say at this stage is it worth £320 !!
As the miles pile on and the ECU gets used to the new settings I will come back and update, but so far so good...I think...
Has anyone else gone for this upgrade ?? If so some views would be good to compare against.
Mageo

Last edited:
Just done a 950 mile trip to France and have not experienced any issues, but I can't see any significant performance improvement in either gear change speed or the like !
Not sure about its value for money over a standard remap !!

Back