Technical Heater on cold, but blowing hot...

Currently reading:
Technical Heater on cold, but blowing hot...

madlec

Hi,

I have recently bought a 2011 Ducato, and preparing it for a camper conversation.
The heater is set to cold, but it is blowing out full heat. When I try to turn it to hot, the control jams at about 1/4 turn and I hear what sounds like an air valve flapping. I unsuccessfully tried to get the centre part of the dash off this afternoon to try and get to the heater box.
Does anyone know how to this can be sorted? (I am totally new to working on these vans)

Thanks..

Hi,

I have recently bought a 2011 Ducato, and preparing it for a camper conversation.
The heater is set to cold, but it is blowing out full heat. When I try to turn it to hot, the control jams at about 1/4 turn and I hear what sounds like an air valve flapping. I unsuccessfully tried to get the centre part of the dash off this afternoon to try and get to the heater box.
Does anyone know how to this can be sorted? (I am totally new to working on these vans)

Thanks..

It does sound as if its the mechanism at fault.

I found the problem... At some point, the temperature dial had been pushed in, and when it was pushed back out, it was not aligned properly....

It is supposed to be screwed to the heater control panel, but both of the bits of plastic the screws go through had been broken off. It looks like it needed a real hit for it to brake like that...

Back