IMG_20160604_184301342-01-01.jpeg

500 My '08 500 1.3 sport

Introduction

Hi all. Long time snooper, first time poster. I bought my 500 last year for the purposes of lowering my motoring costs as I'm self employed and do about 20k miles a year.

I'm a bit of a fidget and so am always tinkering with bits.

Mechanicals:
Diesel tune box
Pipercross air filter
30mm lowering springs
Back box delete
Front top strut mounts replaced
Uprated rear shocks

Aesthetics:
Abarth badges (on the car when I got it)
Red vw gti style grill trim
Narrow mesh front grill
Yellow front fogs
Wind deflectors
Chrome alloy centre caps
Carbon vinyl on lower rear bumper
Rally style mud guards
Windscreen sunstrip
Pressed plates
Rubber side skirt/ sill protector

Internal:
An extra dedicated power socket
Aux cable patched into blue&me system
CD tray tablet holder

Extras:
Custom painted 14" steel winter wheels.
I love the red piping round the lower grille, how is it fixed?

It's a door edge protector bought from eBay so it has a slight tab/barb to it shape. There's a really narrow gap between the honeycomb grill and the lower bumper that it can squeeze into. At the ends up beside the fog lights I tapered it with a knife and added a dab of glue I had in the shed. It's been on a year now with no problems.

Tom

Yes, pretty much. Yours is more noticeable because you're car is black.

Hi, I've just bought winter wheels for my 500 on fleabay, where did you get those centre caps?

Hi, I've just bought winter wheels for my 500 on fleabay, where did you get those centre caps?
Theyre vw polo 4x100 caps with a 56mm fiat centre cap sticker. They push onto the wheel bolts and hold pretty well. Youll have to forgo a locking nut tho amd just use 4 normal nuts as it gets in the way. They sit about 1cm off the steelie as theyre designed to fit flush against a vw g30 wheel. I'll take a few photos in the morning.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351550274302

Tom

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Thank you for the info. I looked those up on ebay too now for the cap stickers.

Thank you for the info. I looked those up on ebay too now for the cap stickers.
IMG_20161106_093158.jpgIMG_20161106_093207.jpgIMG_20161106_093215.jpgIMG_20161106_093226.jpgIMG_20161106_093235.jpg

I left the two little locator stalks on the hub hence the two small holes on the black cap but to be honest you mite be able to get away without drilling them as they only just protrude into the holes.

If you do decide to make a little space for them I used a yellow crayon to colour their tips then pushed the cap on. When I removed the cap there was a little colour transfer and that's where I knew where to drill. I used a 6mm bit which is plenty big enough.

The diameter of the raised centre vw section is 56mm and the vw logo itself is 50mm. I opted for a 50mm resin sticker so as it would have a few mm of black surround to act as a border.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Latest additionsIMG_1478974996.693738.jpgWinter tyres on steel wheels painted blue and rear bumper protector and vinyl scorpions on rear mud flaps and Ford Ka front mud flaps.

Last edited:
Back