Technical Rear Washer Problems

Currently reading:
Technical Rear Washer Problems

Lester Polfus

My 95 Punto's rear washer doesnt seem to want to work. When I press the stalk forward, I hear the motor going alright, but no water comes out. Im pretty sure its not leaking within the boot lid.

Does anyone know where else to check, and where I might get a diagram showing the path of the hose from the motor under the bonnet, to the back of the car.

Does the same motor run both sets of washers, front and rear, or are they separate?

Its a nightmare now that winter's back!

I had the same trouble with my 95 Punto Sporting. In the end it was the pipe that had come off the moulding that is part of the wiper drive spindle. Suggest you look around that area.

Process of ellimination.
Remove the single screw from inside of the boot panel and pull the panel off.
Pull the pipe off the squirter, push the stalk forward and see if water comes out.
If it does, the squirter is blocked.

If it doesn't...
Open the bonnet, look down the inside of the right arch (same side as the water bottle), you will see 2 rubber tubes, one goes to the front and one to the back. Pull the pipe off that goes to the back (there is a non return valve there somewhere).
Stalk forwards again,
Water comes out - pipe travelling through car is blocked or trapped.

No water...
remove non return flow valve from the end of the pipe,
water comes out - knackered non return valve (£1 from halfords).

No water...
Jack up near side front and remove wheel and arch liner, pull the pipe from the water pump.
stalk forwards,
water come out - kinks or blocked pipe,

no water - pump is knackered/not connected or there is no water.

www.puntoforum.co.uk

Evil-Punto AKA Evilution.

Back