Fiat 500 beeps and dashboard leds flash at random times

Currently reading:
Fiat 500 beeps and dashboard leds flash at random times

Zeep

Hi Fiat friends,

My girlfriend bought a 4 year old Fiat 500 about a year ago. Everything has worked fine till the last month, where it all started with the airbag led lighting up at random times, indicating something was wrong with the airbag, usually combined with a beep and then going out again. And it's become worse the past weeks where other leds start to flash as well (fuel, handbrake, ...), in addition the Start/Stop function becomes disabled, turn indicators keep going or refuse working (at least from the dashboard signs, I'm not sure if they are actually not working) and even her speedometer and RPM meter drop for a short moment to zero. And this is at random times, it just comes and goes whenever it wants and what lights up or stops working is random as well. The car however has no problem starting or driving.

We went to a Fiat dealer yesterday to have the car checked and he worked most of the day on it. He said that he hooked the car on a system to read out the car's computer and that he found some bugs (or something) that he removed. He did a test drive and it was all fixed, according to him. 200 Euros please. And of course it was not fixed. Her Fiat is still beeping and flashing like before. We have not been able to return to the dealer yet because he apparently went on vacation the day after, but to me it feels like this is going to be an endless ride where we keep paying and paying because this guy has no clue of what's going on and what he should be doing. But this is just a hunch because I'd expect any Fiat dealer to be able to at least locate the problem.

So my question guys, does anyone have an idea what could be the culprit for this car's behaviour and what would you do?

Thanks!

Zeep (Belgium)

Back