Technical Front end Clatter / Rattle.

Currently reading:
Technical Front end Clatter / Rattle.

Lach

2009 Panda 1.1 Active Eco. 35,500 miles.
Panda recently passed its MOT with no advisories, at a trusted, local MOT station. However, prior to the MOT, turning right on a local, cobbled surface roundabout, I noticed a clattering noise from the front passenger side area.
When the steering was straightened out, the noise ceased. It doesn't do it on left hand cobbled road surfaces.
I explained this to the MOT Tester and he assured me that there was nothing loose or defective that would have caused concern during the test.
I've yet to get the front end up on axle stands and have a good look etc...
Is there a known fault with the pandas that might cause such a clatter ?
It drives and steers fine.
Any help much appreciated. Lach.

2009 Panda 1.1 Active Eco. 35,500 miles.
Panda recently passed its MOT with no advisories, at a trusted, local MOT station. However, prior to the MOT, turning right on a local, cobbled surface roundabout, I noticed a clattering noise from the front passenger side area.
When the steering was straightened out, the noise ceased. It doesn't do it on left hand cobbled road surfaces.
I explained this to the MOT Tester and he assured me that there was nothing loose or defective that would have caused concern during the test.
I've yet to get the front end up on axle stands and have a good look etc...
Is there a known fault with the pandas that might cause such a clatter ?
It drives and steers fine.
Any help much appreciated. Lach.

Hi, and welcome, :)

do check for yourself.., but there are no " don't worry- they all do that"

things with a panda..,

Charlie - 2004 panda 1.1 for 11 years

It can be hard to spot these sort of problems and it can be even harder when the car's jacked up and the wheels are hanging, the hanging weight tends to pull out any slack that might be in any joints.

From what you describe, I'd be tempted to first check the anti roll bar drop links.
When they wear they can sound worryingly loud and tend to show on a rough road on a turn, when one side it loaded more than the other.

You could try reaching around the front wheels with them still on the ground, gripping the links and try rattling them, if they are loose, you should feel it.

Thanks for that info. I will have a look later today.
Lach.

Back