Technical Need some info - cancelling a finance

Currently reading:
Technical Need some info - cancelling a finance

Mandekinz

So I bought the 500L approved used 2014 plate on 2nd April and collected it on 15th April.

The first week was fine and then suddenly the car wouldn't start. Showing a fault message 'check diesal fuel filter' It restarted after an hour and then the engine light stayed on for the rest of the day.
I thought nothing of this and continued with my day.

Few days later, car wouldn't start again so I had a bad experience trying to get my car sorted at the Fiat garage. I had to call the AA who said it was a faulty battery as the cell was missing. Took it to fiat and they said it was due to the ultinator and a software update. They recharged it and then I went home with it.
Next day...
The car broke down AGAIN!!!!

FIAT THEN said it was the black box that was draining the battery, so we had a senior engineer come out to view it (black box engineer)
He basically confirmed that the black box DID NOT DRAIN the battery and it's due to the Fiat supplying a faulty battery.

So now I have no confidence in this car, also today the passenger seat window is now broken....

I really want to send this car back .. am I within rights of this?

I've lost out on work, the curtesy car could not be suited to my working days. I had to insure on different car.

Anyone help please thanks

If it just needs a new battery and the window fixing, I doubt that is enough to reject it.
A few details are missing from your saga.
Did you buy the car from the Fiat dealer that is trying to fix it? If not, you should be returning it to the place of purchase, not involving a third party.
If the AA guy says the battery has a dead cell, it will drain itself. Simple replacement is all it needs.
The car has been on the dealer forecourt between its being traded in and you buying it. During that time, if the battery was allowed to go flat, and stay flat for more than a day, that will kill the battery.

Go back, insist they fix it. Insist on a courtesy car, at their expense, not yours.

Back