Technical Code for Brava key re-programming

Currently reading:
Technical Code for Brava key re-programming

tony witney

Hi all,

Just been to Fiat in Slough, who I arranged to visit last week to look at re-porgramming my spare blue key. Getting into my car to drive the 2 miles to their workshop and find the OTHER blue key no doesn't work the central locking remotely!

Anyway, Fiat tell me that the 'insides' of the keys are shot and that I need 2 blank keys AND the Ceiling Lamp (for the re-programming), at a cost of £313.24! I am told the ceiling lamp is required because I do not have the code for the keys.

I had thought that this code could be obtained from a subsidiary company of Fiats (for a small fee), but they tell me that this is not so. Does anyone out there know different? My car is a Fiat Brava 115 ELX, registered in March 1999.

I had bought some spare keys from Ebay, with the PCB's intact, and thought a simple PCB swap over to my secondary blue key would make it good(keeping the original 'chip' inside my key). As I said, the primary blue key was good until this morning, whilst the secondary blue key did not work at all, until I replaced the PCB (doing this allowed the internal red light to 'flash').

Now I find that the secondary key doesn't even start the car (turns over but won't start - but I have never checked whether it did start the car before playing about with it), and I don't know why; the only part I replaced in THAT key was the PCB! Both keys unlock the car without starting the alarm, and the primary key starts the car, batteries are good, etc.

I must add that there is absolutely nothing else wrong with the car, and it has the original RED key.

Fiat did do this free of charge, but I guess that is because they still haven't been able to get me a Brava handbook, after 3 weeks of having it on order!

Any ideas or help out there?

when you had your key reprogrammed,did you have the other key with you? if not,it will no longer work.it needs to be reprogrammed as well.

Sumplug is correct, the secondary key isn't turning the immobiliser off. AND, I didn't get the primary key reprogrammed, it was already OK, apart from when it refused to work remotely this afternoon. Still, it works OK manually!

Back