General Dirty 500L

Currently reading:
General Dirty 500L

I thought the Panda accumulated dirt on the tailgate like nobody's business, but the 500L appears to be even worse!

Those flashy chrome strips on the sides don't look so good either...

On the plus side, after the Gtechniq treatment the car had last week, the mud has beaded nicely on the paintwork rather than streaked everywhere. :D

Please excuse the cat.... :D

Attachments

• IMG_4697-2.JPG
    IMG_4697-2.JPG
    264 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_4700-1.JPG
    IMG_4700-1.JPG
    247.4 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_4696.JPG
    IMG_4696.JPG
    246.5 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Despite having mudflaps on all 4 wheels, the sides and especially the tailgate of my 500L MPW soon get filthy. Must be the underbody shape causing the slipstream to pull all the road muck up the tailgate- short of a full width mudflap, I can't see how this could be stopped......any idea's anyone?
Keith.

Even a full with mudflap has only a limited effect.
Keeping the paint as smooth and hydrophobic as possible also helps. With modern soft cellulite paint it is recommended to have it professionally detailed (claying + machine polishing) and coated, after which you can maintain it by washing with pH-balanced car soap, a monthly application of paste wax, and mist some spray wax on it before drying and buffing with a microfibre towel.
This helps dirt and spray bead off, makes removing the dirt you still catch very easy with just a hose, and also keeps your paint in pristine condition and slightly less sensitive to swirling and light scratching.

If you don't want to invest in a professional detailing job there are DIY claybar kits and long lasting sealants on the market.

Isabelle

The Gtechniq treatment we had started with claying and polishing. It's awesome seeing the rain bead over the car and on the sunroof. Haven't actually cleaned it yet though, waiting for a sunny day when I'm not working or looking after 2 children lol.

Back