IMG_09891.JPG

Seicento Red Flea 2003 Fiat Seicento

Introduction

Welcome to my 2003 Fiat Seicento ‘Red Flea’ build!

Brought the car in February 2016 for £550 as a daily (but as these things go it ended up as a project). I was attracted to the car as a cheap alternative to the original Mini Cooper and seeing the car in Polish rally videos on Youtube lol. On the test drive I couldn’t believe how well the car felt to drive. Fantastic seating position, offset pedals, responsive throttle / steering inputs and retro vibe. I knew this had to be my first Fiat!

This is how it looked completely stock when I got it:

IMG_09891.JPG

Firstly I done a quick interior update by going from the silver dash to a carbon look dash:

IMG_09803.JPG

IMG_09811.JPG

Unfortunately a door panel and a wing have been previously painted and don’t quite match the colour of the original panels. I’ve tried my best to correct this with a bit of red restore T-Cut. It has sort of worked but I’m open to suggestions how to get the panels to match.

Whilst doing this I also tinted the fog lights yellow for a more ‘race car’ look:

IMG_10061.JPG

IMG_10874.JPG

I next began work on performance, starting with an Ulter back box and middle box delete.

Video Link: [ame]https://youtu.be/cZpdvUDZRvs[/ame]

I then made a custom induction kit (as GSR no longer sells theirs) and added a crankcase breather set up.

IMG_11182.JPG

In addition to this, I added a 40mm throttle body made by the famous sparky5!

IMG_11273.JPG

It now feels like a mini pocket rocket! And does 0-60 in roughly 10 and a half seconds!

I next tinted the rear brake lights for a more aggressive look as well as blacking out badges and adding a custom red flea sticker :)

IMG_11813.JPG

The latest mod I’ve done to the car is add JBW Minilites which have been painted by a previous owner, black with a chrome rim. I’ve also been round the car and gone over any chips with touch up paint / T-Cut. This is the current status of the build:

IMG_11957.JPG

Let me know what you guys think!

*special thanks to Ruby for helping me along the way (y)*
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Thanks so the 40mm TB worth the money ? No problem with the ecu ??

ok thanks but i have a 1,2 16v TB (41 or 42mm not sure ) just need an adaptation plate ;)

UPDATE 5/11/16:

The Red Flea failed its MOT on 'Lower Control Arms Dust Covers Perished'. Due to this the car has gone into full project mode and i've taken the opportunity to give the car the love it deserves.

First job was to replace both lower control arms with brand new ones and swap out the anti roll bar bushings for poly. In theory taking out some of the roll out of the car and thus improve the handling.

Warning to anyone replacing their lower control arms / anti roll bar bushings this job takes a bit of elbow grease. In the process of replacing the bolts I managed to shear off both bolts attaching the outer anti roll bar brackets. After a weeks wait and 40 quid down the brackets have arrived from Poland!

Will update when i've finished fitting the new parts :slayer:

IMG_14402.JPG

boy, you do have one amazingly good preserved Seicento. Just by the look of it one can say that it is adored and well taken care of. :eek: I`ve seen a lot of them i such a bad..bad shape :( Looking at yours could not miss out the front pannel and how it has changed through the years and with every Fiat produced.

Quick Update:

The Sei is MOT ready with new lower control arms. I've done quite a few different bits to it since having it off the road (will post with photos at a later date).

In the long run the car may end up going back to stock as my girlfriend has her eye on this being her learner car!

Back