General Remote key help please

Currently reading:
General Remote key help please

bert7cosby

Hi, I have just purchased a stilo 1.9 active td and unfortunately the remote does not seem to be working.
I can lock and unlock the car with the key as normal no problem but I really could do with getting the remote working.
I have changed the battery but that has not helped.

on pressing the buttons on the remote I just get a quick flash from the led.
Any assistance on this matter would be gratefully received
thanks
brett

Hi Bert.

I'm in a similar position with my 16. 16v Stilo. It's been like that since I got the car last year. I didn't realise until afterwards. Grr. Anyhow.

My key works in exactly the same way as yours. Locks/unlocks car and the ignition, but the remote element doesn't work. I tried a new battery in it last year but had no joy.

Have a look round. It seems to be a common-ish thing and many people on the Fiat forum have reported this problem.

Most common cause is a loss of sync, you need to re-sync your key to your car's body computer. You'll need a 5 digit security code for your car, which a fiat dealer can supply to you if you don't have it already.

You'll then need a suitable method to connect to your cars OBD and Body ECU. To go with it, you'll need software & a computer to write/read to your car's ECU's, such as MultiECUScan.

Not sure how much a dealer will charge for the code. The cable & software can be had for about £40 or less.

I'm about to try this myself. I contacted numerous auto-locksmith and garage services a couple of weeks back, but NONE of them got back to me with even a price. Since nobody wants the work, I'll have to have a go at it myself.

Thanks for the reply, not being technically minded I think I may find that all a bit to much for me.

If I can get hold of the key code would you be interested in reprogramming my key for me ?

Thanks

Bert I'm not an expert on it myself and wouldn't want to work on anyone else's car. I'm only trying because no local businesses got back to me, Fiat will charge me something ridiculous and the software and cable to have a go are relatively inexpensive. Buying it will also allow me to reset the service notice and other stuff, which should've been done on the last service but the guy didn't have this setup to do so.

It could be a different issue. The transponder in the key or the receiver in the car could be dead. But it's driving me crazy, so I'll spend the money and time to find out.

ok thanks anyway hope you get a result. I have contacted fiat but still waiting for them to email me .

Where would I find the info on how to do it myself ?
thanks

Last edited:
Back