General dash reflection

Currently reading:
General dash reflection

leroya500

Does the pandas 'unique' dash design annoy anyone else with the reflection in bright sunlight?

Anyone have any solutions for it?

Its awful nuff said bad design did no one notice this in developement and if not why not !!!!@

Ditto, once the sun came out it made me regret buying the panda.
After a few months of frustrating driving some clever sole suggested wearing Polarised sunglasses, just like magic the reflections dissapeared compleatly.
For me the down side was that I wear prescription glasses for driving ;(
The good news came when I found some clip on polarised sunglasses ;)
Cheap enough off eBay, a little more expensive on the high street (if you can find them)

when my first pr of clip on's arrived they didn't work ? Idid the following test only to find they weren't realy polarised.
To be sure your lenses are polarised, hold them away from your face in front of a computer screen/monitor and rotate them, you'll see through them whilst horizontal but when vertical they should look compleatly black.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_o...S0&_nkw=clip+on+polarized+sunglasses&_sacat=0

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
We in the colonies have noticed this tendency. Maybe it's that flat beer you drink :rolleyes:

Thought you might, but well, I too have noticed that you Aussies have nothing better to do, and at the risk of upsetting my southern brethren, being from the far north
our beers are malty and delicious and very un-Watney like. :D

Last edited:
Thought you might, but well, I too have noticed that you Aussies have nothing better to do, and at the risk of upsetting my southern brethren, being from the far north
our beers are malty and delicious and very un-Watney like. :D

Nothing better to do?
I seem to have pranged up a back muscle doing that towbar yesterday so I can't even get under the bonnet of the Morry to see what I can break there. It's just sit in discomfort and annoy you lot :devil:

As for different beers, one of the joys in life is going to different places and trying the different brews. Micro breweries are becoming more common here so we don't have to suffer the big company products exclusively any more.

Nothing better to do?
I seem to have pranged up a back muscle doing that towbar yesterday so I can't even get under the bonnet of the Morry to see what I can break there. It's just sit in discomfort and annoy you lot :devil:

As for different beers, one of the joys in life is going to different places and trying the different brews. Micro breweries are becoming more common here so we don't have to suffer the big company products exclusively any more.

That's good news - the beer not the back (I suppose) - there's also a strong trend to micro breweries in Pudding Island.

Funny, winter's just kicked in here (I actually had to put on a jumper when I got home from work :eek:). The day featured heavy overcast and showers and guess what, I finally got to see what you lot are complaining about. No, it didn't bother me and I was probably only aware of it because of this thread, but it surprised me that the dash reflection is worse in poor light than in good.

It is really annoying, the waffle pattern and fan outlet thingy fill the screen making it hard to see the potholes (of which there are many on Wiltshire roads).

Dash reflection is something that seems to affect lots of modern cars and I put it down to the ever more shallow windscreen angles being employed to reduce cockpit noise on the move. We have an S-Max and that gets a huge amount of reflection, but that has a very heavily raked screen and deep depth of dash beneath. The Panda's, by comparison, only seems to affect the lower half of the screen, though the detail of the "PANDA" logo perhaps does add to the distraction. To be honest, I just ignore it - it only happens when the sun shines and I'm generally in a good enough mood to let anything pass me by, if that ever happens!
One thing to perhaps avoid are any 'gloss-finish' dashboard cleaning treatments - sure to add to the reflection. I personally prefer the Matt finish ones, anyway.

Back